Whitfield Advantage IIT firebrick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet-King

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2008
Northern Ct
Well few years ago bought some Firetek brick of Ebay, within a few weeks cracks formed around the chute hole, got a replacement center panel from the seller, now the brick is all broken in peices around the hole, junk, bought another called ultra brick, wont fit right, too many air leaks under and around the chute, thats going back, found my original brick 15+ yrs old, got some cement and sealed around the chute hole due to being worn and larger, fit's like a glove, can I still buy the original cerra brick?

Yes, the OEM panels are still available. OEM part number 12146500, if you google it you should get lots of results.

fit's like a glove, can I still buy the original cerra brick?

WoodHeatStoves has it listed on their website and even at 10% off http://woodheatstoves.com/whitfield-advantage-iit-iii-iit-classicfireback-p-359.html?cPath=95_207

Firebrick.jpg

That is the aftermarket vermiculite panels that he was unhappy with the performance on.

Oops, you're right... it says: 'Superior aftermarket 3 piece Premium FireTek™ Fireback', well I guess Pellet-King won't agree with the word 'Superior':(

This should be the OEM Lennox Replacement Part. A little more expensive $119,-
http://rockymountainstove.com/whitfield12146500advantageii-tfirebrick.aspx

Maybe it's the photo, but to me the vermiculite appears more glossy on the surface than the cera-material??

I think those stoves originally came with a gasket around the drop tube. You can still buy them. That may cure your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.