Whitfield optima 3 faulting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter619

Nov 20, 2010
SW PA
I have a 7yr old Whitfield Optima 3 pellet stove that is giving a blinking green fault light. Photo eye is clean. Stove sometimes runs for 6-8 hours without a problem. Is a problem like this hit or miss or easy to diagnose? Also looking to find a repair manual for my stove if available, i just have basic operating instrutions that came with the stove.

glad to see Dave has mentioned ghosts as a possible problem. I've tried to tell people, but they just give me funny looks.

I usually say gremlins. Them little buggers get them control boards all the time. How they make um do the strange things is beyond me! I'll catch one someday, Hopefully I can make um talk!

j-takeman said:
I usually say gremlins. Them little buggers get them control boards all the time. How they make um do the strange things is beyond me! I'll catch one someday, Hopefully I can make um talk!

Never feed them after midnight and keep them away from the water. You have been warned ;-).

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:

Never feed them after midnight and keep them away from the water. You have been warned ;-).

Uh oh! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.