whitfield prodigy 1 WP3 restistor value,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookin good.

What are your plans at this point ??

Snowy

I am going to build and test, I guess I will start this weekend, I have some parts but others I will need to order.
I guess It will take about 10 days to complete. (I hope)
I will include pictures and a progress report.

Cool

Will be interesting to see it all.

Snowy

O.K. I got the parts in earlier this week and started assembling the controller.
I have done about 80%, the low voltage timer logic for the auger works great.
I have to wait for one other part to test the fan logic.

I will post photos as later today. I added a couple of diodes to the circuit for relay flyback protection.
Other than that its just as designed.

The idea was to allow the board to be fitted to the original control pannel
as shown

Attachments

• fitted.bmp
    601.5 KB · Views: 197
  • side.bmp
    249.2 KB · Views: 195
How is it working ???

Snowy

Hi,
Still only tested the low voltage part, I have to wait for another part to come in I have added all the high voltage connections now so when I get the part
I will be able to test the whole thing.

Sweet

will be waiting to hear how it works.

Using the little project board from the Shack was a great idea.

MY setup uses all hard wire.
The timers are self contained with standard 1/4" spades to plug the wires into.

Was very easy to set up. Just made a new control panel and installed the switches and the Triac control.

Keep us posted

Snowy

Here is the picture with high voltage connections made, I will dress them with RTV for safety after I have tested everything.
I would have liked to laid the board out but it would be to expensive for a one off

Attachments

• controller_bot2.bmp
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 205
For sure on a one off board.

Thats pretty much why I did the hard wire thing.

Looking good

Snowy

Well its been a while, the auger circuit work real sweet, the fan adjust seems to be an issue.
I also found that pellets I am using are jamming in the auger causing the flame to go out.
I wondered why my buddy gave me a couple of free bags. Anyhow the unit works but as I said the fan does not seem to
adjust.
When I have a minute to throw a scope on the circuit I will try and debug the problem, I think the opto driver for the fan triac
should not be a zero crossing type as the whole thing has a zero crossing trigger.
Anyhow this is the status so far

Status
Not open for further replies.