Whitfield Profile 30 To Buy or Not to Buy that is the question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
Locally advertised Whitfield Profile 30. Used, age unknown. Comes with half ton of pellets. The price seems very good at $250.00 Problem is I have no use for the stove. Would have it available to resell, or see that it gets to a needy user. I know there is little good information available about the New Lennox attitude. All opinions and comments will be appreciated. Don't really want to buy it because it's cheap. I am concerned about reliability.

Unc, MSG told me to avoid Whitfield like the plague. Quick

I'd pass.

Two good replies. I am more concerned about passing on a bad stove than anything else. I don't think I would like to donate a bad stove. The stoves I have I need, so this would be one to pass on, but I don't want to pass the Yugo of stoves to someone else. Even with the balance of a 1/2 ton of Bear Mountain pellets, I think I will pass.

That thing is a boat anchor. They're not even going to make Whitfield stoves anymore. They won't support a stove past 10 years, so chances are you'll only be able to get parts for it for another couple years anyway. Lennox is corporate in every sense of the word (good & bad) and they've chosen to buy another brand with a decent reputation and market it; rather than trying to revive the Whitfield name. It's too bad that people don't have the attachment to brands like there is in the car/motorcycle industries. Harley took a nosedive in the 70's but the brand never died.

Think tonight it is someone else's boat anchor. The owner emailed me that there was no ID on the stove. I was sympathetic for a future user needing a stove, but you all have convinced me the Whitfield name should be avoided. Thanks, I would not feel good about passing a defective stove on to someone who really needs a hand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.