Whitfield Quest Plus Control Board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TT360Dart

Feb 23, 2023
Eastern Shore MD
Have a Quest Plus WP4 free standing pellet stove. Power button on the control board is failing. Have to push momentary switch multiple times for it to turn on. I'm sure that soon or later, it just wont turn on. Local repair guy told me that when the control board fails it is discontinued, and the whole unit would need to be replaced. Turn to google and find this:

Looks the same but different face color. Under compatible models, they list the Quest Plus WP4. I message into their sales help email to verify fits my model. Response is that as long as manufactured before 1999 it will work. But when ask any other distributor about same part number they say definitely won't work.

Don't want to gamble $500 on it working or not, definitely don't want to have to purchase a complete stove. Can anyone confirm that this will or will not work in my stove? Also, any other suggestions or solutions?

Hi,

I have used that company for parts for my Quest and had no issues with them. They are somewhat local to me; if you consider Maine and Massachusett local.

I have an old note I took several years ago. This firm firm is or was able to repair the older control boards. I have never used them or if they are still in business. I believe i created this note from a post someone made on this site.

You can get your control panel fixed by this person. E-mail him and tell him what happened. You would have to check that auger. Something blew the fuse and with you just replacing the auger.. something is up.

(Heatwave Electronics. ([email protected] ) 530-820-3700

there is also someone based in New Hampshirite that repairs older stoves. He made have a lead as well. I believe Don2222 is his username.

Good Luck

Rick

Hi,

I have used that company for parts for my Quest and had no issues with them. They are somewhat local to me; if you consider Maine and Massachusett local.

I have an old note I took several years ago. This firm firm is or was able to repair the older control boards. I have never used them or if they are still in business. I believe i created this note from a post someone made on this site.

You can get your control panel fixed by this person. E-mail him and tell him what happened. You would have to check that auger. Something blew the fuse and with you just replacing the auger.. something is up.

(Heatwave Electronics. ([email protected] ) 530-820-3700

there is also someone based in New Hampshirite that repairs older stoves. He made have a lead as well. I believe Don2222 is his username.

Good Luck

Rick

Last edited:
I have a Whitfield Quest WP4. The feed control will only go so low but will crank up if I turn the feed control up.
Feed rate potentiometer will go can be turned around and around is that normal?

No the feed rate should stop when you turn it in either direction. Either the knob is stripped or the potentiometer needs to be replaced.

the Whitfield Quest is a great stove and well worth fixing!

Rick

No the feed rate should stop when you turn it in either direction. Either the knob is stripped or the potentiometer needs to be replaced.

the Whitfield Quest is a great stove and well worth fixing!

Rick
Rick you get a star👍. I took the knob off this morning and rotated the shaft and it does stop in both directions. I turned on the stove without lighting it and it seems to be ok.

Rick one more question. When the Feed rate potentiometer is turned all the way down will it continue to some drop pellets ? I've had this stove since 1996 and i don't remember how low/slow the auger will go. I know it sounds stupid

Yes that is correct. The potentiometer controls the feed rate from slow to fast, but never off. If you want to turn the pellet feed off, there is a button to do that. Keep in mind as you adjust the pellet feed rate you will need to adjust the air as well, in the same direction.

For example if you turn the pellet feed rate down you will need to decrease the air supply as well or the pellets will burn out before more pellets drop.

I don’t know off the top of my head how many seconds the pellet motor turns on for when the pellet potentiometer is turn down all the way or all the way up.

Rick