Whitfield Renaissance Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

COMike

Feb 5, 2019
Colorado
Just recently acquired a Whitfield Renaissance stove and and am replacing an older woodstove with this one. Question I have is the pellet stove came with about 6' of 4" chimney. Can I run this chimney into the 8" chimney that my woodstove used that goes from my ceiling through the roof if I seal the gap at the ceiling thimble?

Why not get a reducer 8 to 4 if possible .
If not 8 to 6 then 6 to 4

Why not get a reducer 8 to 4 if possible .
If not 8 to 6 then 6 to 4
Trying to find one locally. Was told that the much larger 8" pipe would not allow the pellet stove to draw air properly. I am all new to this so I was unable to respond one way or another.

My stove has a 4 to 6 reducer and the 6 in chimney works just fine
I do not see why a 8 in. would not work But I am no expert

My stove has a 4 to 6 reducer and the 6 in chimney works just fine
I do not see why a 8 in. would not work But I am no expert
Well I sealed up the gap between the 4" pipe and the 8" chimney with some aluminum tape over a piece of sheet metal that I cut the 4" hole through and taped it to the center of the ceiling thimble into the 8" double wall chimney. Have it running now so we will see in a few hours how it does.

I am looking for an Owner's Manual for the Whitfield Renaissance. Does anyone have one? I have a Service Manual but would like to have the Owner's Manual as well.
Thanks