Whitfield WP3 Prodigy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rap69ri

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Middle of RI
The combustion fan on my neighbors Prodigy sounds like the bearings are gone and we'd like to replace the fan. The problem is that this particular the fan is no longer made. It has two wires for 115v and then three wires that connect to the control board to vary the speed of the fan. There's another fan available for the Prodigy, but it only has two wires that connect to 115v. Can the two wire fan be modified to work in place of the five wire fan?

Thanks for any input,

Rick

I have not had time to do this
but you might want to check with a motor supplier like Granger
and have them Match the motor

hearthtools said:
I have not had time to do this
but you might want to check with a motor supplier like Granger
and have them Match the motor

I've contacted Fasco and Grainger and no luck. It looks like our options are to have the fan rebuilt or connect the one for that is availble with a rheostat. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.