WHO COULD HELP OUT A NEWBEE WITH SOME POT BELLY STOVE INFORMATION???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OVER COOKED

Hearth Supporter
Feb 16, 2010
SOUTHERN MICHIGAN
yes
Hey guys, I just picked up this pot belly.Does anyone have information on this stove? It's a: SUN #60 A made by KING STOVE & RANGE CO. SHEFFIELD ALA.
Its in good shape but has a couple of parts missing, ( this is the part you guys come in). Its missing the ash tray and the pan or plate that that the ash tray sit on.Also is this stove suppose to have one of those tin liners? If so that's missing too,the rest of the stove is all cast iron. Can you burn in this stove with out a liner? Also where can I find a stove pipe to fit the oval outlet? Do you connect the pipe to the stove or do I need one of those cast iron offset adapters? One more last question for now
( I don't want to wear you old guy) It's rusty, I'm going to sand blast it and paint it, whats the best and what do I need to do for a good durable finish? HEY GUY'S THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP
ps more question later

Some of the other guys hopefully will come along and know the answers to your questions.

I just want to mention that you'll want to check with your local codes. It is possible that it won't be legal to install this stove.

-SF

OVER COOKED said:
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH HOW TO REFINSH THIS POT BELLY STOVE?

Post some photos to give us a better idea of what you are dealing with.

The first step in getting help is to stop typing in all caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.