Who makes small mobile home approved wood stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dendiggity

Oct 13, 2015
Revelstoke
Hey everyone. Looking for a small 1000 sq. ft. mobile home approved wood stove. Buying in Canada.

There are no stoves under the SBI (Century Heating, Drolet and others) umbrella that are 1000 sq. ft. mobile home approved. There are however, a few models that are mobile home approved in the 'medium sized', 1300+ sq. ft. range. I'm looking to install a stove in an addition to the mobile home which sits at the end of the structure - it's maybe 700 sq. ft.

Help appreciated.

I will add that you should check with local code. Due to the fact that it is going in an addition it may not need to be mobile home approved

The Pacific Energy Super would probably do well for that size home and locale and is mobile home approved, AFAIK. Its cheaper cousin would be the TrueNorth TN20. Check for the mobile home use but I think that one would also be ok.

Is it for primary heat or to give the oil/gas furnace a helping hand? Do you need long burn times, or not mind babysitting the stove? We have an Englander 17 (Canadian Tire branded as Timber Ridge 1200?, the small one) in our small 720 square foot mobile home, and it suites our purposes well.

The square footage ratings for stoves are somewhat arbitrary. For many companies this figure is more marketing oriented than fact. Look at the stove's firebox capacity instead. A 2 cu ft stove should work ok for your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.