Why does the pilot go out when the furnace goes out?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

John500

Jan 2, 2021
Montana
Greetings,

When a natural gas fireplace reaches the designated temperature, the furnace goes out as it should but so does the pilot. What does this generally indicate?

I've done all the routine cleaning and replaced the thermocoupler. I replaced the thermocoupler because the original issue was that the pilot light would not stay lit.

This is a link to the gas valve unit itself:

Thank you!

Please identify the Manufacturer & Model of EACH of
the units in question, so we can look at the online manuals.

>> Please identify the Manufacturer & Model of EACH of the units in question

Both fireplaces from the two separate threads I posted, are the same fireplace. In each thread I provided a link for the gas valve which identified the manufacturer and model:
  • Model: 711711415
  • Manufactured by: Robertshaw, Invensys

This morning I see one of my threads which took about 45 minutes to create has been deleted? Is that what I'm seeing? That because I didn't include the Manuf and Model as I have above - that I earned the deletion of my entire thread?

Last edited:
Your other thread appeared to be a duplicate of the first one.
If that wasn't the case, I apologize.
You gave us the valve specs. What we need is the
manufacturer/ model of the furnace/fireplace.
Those valve are used in a NUMBER of different units &
the installations in those units may not be the same as yours.

My other thread appeared to be a duplicate?? The other thread had 4 pictures to help clarify that issue which CLEARLY dealt with a RELAY!

The title in my deleted thread used the word RELAY. The other question said nothing of a relay and had zero pictures!! My deleted thread said nothing about the pilot going out, only that the furnace wouldn't lite. There was nothing duplicate about it except the link which it looks pretty obvious that you didn't even look at!!

Both threads included the manufacturer and model in the link. This is a copy and paste from the link:
  • Model: 711711415
  • Manufactured by: Robertshaw, Invensys

Last edited:
Wow , dude relax. He said it was a mistake and apologized. Stuff happens.

I found deleted thread and put it back.

LPG or NG?