Wifi Boiler Monitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Priorguy

Feb 15, 2021
Ottawa, Ontario
We recently installed a Heatmaster MF20000e at our horse farm. This unit will be heating our 3 bay garage, large client viewing lounge, 16 stall stable as well as the 70x140 indoor riding arena.

I am the kind of person that likes to know that things are working properly. I found myself detouring past the boiler every chance I had to check on the temperature. I know that we will be pushing this unit pretty hard with the amount of space that we are heating, and I didn't want to have to open the door constantly to check on the fire.

I built this simple monitor to give live info as well as log temperature and burn data. It has adjustable high and low alarm notifications, as well as adjustable long burn alarms. Alarms notify via the app as well as email.

I may add a fire conserve feature if I have any issues. Hopefully, this can help someone else. Hardware is as follows.

ESP8266
ESP8266 Terminal adapter (optional but makes the install much easier)
ds18b20 ( I used 6, but that will change based on your needs.)
120v relay (tied in parallel with damper solenoid)

150588331_1086243221876524_6270128899842781805_n.png