Will any tea kettle function on a wood stove top?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will add to my earlier response to this thread that we use glass tea kettle and 2-qt glass sauce pan atop wood stoves with zero problem.

We've heated with wood for 20 years. I use a stainless teakettle and refill it once or twice a day. Just don't overfill, or it will boil out once it reaches temperature. The hot water is handy, if I end up not using it, I fill my humidor with it.

A humidor is any vessel you leave on the stove top to evaporate water into the air. We used the cast humidors for years, they would get funky looking mineral residue (even on the outside) that was a pain to remove. Got tired of babysitting them. Now I pick up granite-ware roasters second hand. They look fine, work great and are readily (and inexpensively) replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.