Winslow pi40 auger / feed issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tom p.

Nov 26, 2016
massachusetts
So the stove seems like it’s grinding the pellets up as opposed to feeding them , keep getting stuck , put a new motor on it , I’m guessing I need a new auger and bearings? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Have you tried a different brand of pellets? Could you post a video?

Your stove has an auger mounted in 2 bearings. Possible to go bad, but I would say kinda rare. Remove motor, all pellets, see if it spins free and does not feel rough,and it does not wobble around.
If,when you clean your auger, and it is packed full of what seems to be sawdust, you probably got a few bags of bad pellets. they either got wet/damp, or they were not properly compressed. So they turn into dust quite easily. Happened to me before, had about 10-15 bags out of a ton that way. So I had to screen them to use the good ones.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Your stove has an auger mounted in 2 bearings. Possible to go bad, but I would say kinda rare. Remove motor, all pellets, see if it spins free and does not feel rough,and it does not wobble around.
If,when you clean your auger, and it is packed full of what seems to be sawdust, you probably got a few bags of bad pellets. they either got wet/damp, or they were not properly compressed. So they turn into dust quite easily. Happened to me before, had about 10-15 bags out of a ton that way. So I had to screen them to use the good ones.
I emptied the hopper completely and all sawdust from it along with the chamber the auger goes in , when I put it back together I used pellets that I screened to make sure there wasn’t no dust , weird thing is you could hear it chewing and grinding them , and you could hear the auger motor slowing down as it was getting jammed , I will try and get a video in a day or so just had dental work done so I can tell ya it’s not gonna be today lol