Winter Arrives Tuesday

Simonkenton

Minister of Fire
Feb 27, 2014
Marshall NC
I am up here in the North Carolina mountains. We have had some chilly weather, it was 30 degrees this morning. The Oslo is cranking now.
But, it will be cold on Tuesday, a low of 12 degrees and a high of 36, snow in the morning.
I'm sure the Oslo is up to the task.

Reactions: 2fireplacesinSC

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
The chill is on.

toddnic

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2013
North Carolina
I am up here in the North Carolina mountains. We have had some chilly weather, it was 30 degrees this morning. The Oslo is cranking now.
But, it will be cold on Tuesday, a low of 12 degrees and a high of 36, snow in the morning.
I'm right there with you! At 4,000 ft. and we could have snow on Tuesday. A early winter blast in the western NC mountains!

Reactions: 2fireplacesinSC

Bushels20

Feeling the Heat
May 20, 2018
OH
Same here for us Tuesday. Low if 11 and high of 24. I’ve had the insert going already, but just shoulder wood and the blower as low as it will go. Windows have been opened a few times as well because the family got too hot.

K-Mac

Aug 8, 2019
Decatur, IN
suppose to get our first snow monday! 3ish inches predicted with 7-9 inches predicted north of us nearer to lake michigan. my son is beyond excited for the snow...and im just as excited to see how well my new stove handled the blast of cold air! have had a few nights get into the mid 20s but tuesday night they say itll get down to 12.

Sawset

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2015
Palmyra, WI
The guys out in the warehouse have the radio on - hear this once in a while:
Winter is here, again, Oh Lord Haven't been home in a year or more I hope she holds on a little longer Sent a letter on a long summer day
Journey - Wheel In The Sky 1980
It's in my head now.

T-roy_

Burning Hunk
Dec 30, 2015
Central Minnesota
Just got back from deer hunting in northern MN. 0* for a low today. 16* at home in central MN. Cold coming early this year. All the wet ground is frozen. Makes for easy walking though. Good to be home next to the stove!

Reactions: heavy hammer

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
It seems like most of the country is in for some cold temps. I have a garage full of dry wood and a couple of stoves ready to put out some heat.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Hopefully, the eastern side of the mountains won't be as bad for snow accumulations as the western side.

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
We only ended up with about four or five inches here but with yesterdays rain and the snow being heavy some trees are hanging pretty low.