Winter is gettin' old

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jatoxico

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2011
Long Island NY
I don't mind winter much but sure could use a little break in temperatures. Temps been below average for a long time and have the ice to prove it. Supposed to snow then heavy rain tomorrow and with the ice dams everyone has around here I'm hoping I don't get any damage. We'll see.

How's it looking out there for everyone else?

Attachments

• feb2014a.jpg
    feb2014a.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 172
  • feb2014b.jpg
    feb2014b.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 179
  • feb2014c.jpg
    feb2014c.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 166
  • feb2014d.jpg
    feb2014d.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 161
I'm getting tired of walking on squeaky snow. Would be nice for the temperature to rise enough so we could see what packy snow was like walking on. Have not had much of that this year. Pretty much all our snow has been light and fluffy.

Besides, I don't have much room left to shove the snow should we get a big snowfall.

Plowing gets old. I can't wait until I get a tractor with a big snowblower. No more trying to strategically place snow so it's not in my way later.

Reactions: Wildo and jatoxico
I feel for you folks. My sister in NY loves winter and she is tired of it too. Spring is coming. 52F here and I saw some young leaves opening on some bushes today. It'll be thawing your way soon.

I feel for you folks. My sister in NY loves winter and she is tired of it too. Spring is coming. 52F here and I saw some young leaves opening on some bushes today. It'll be thawing your way soon.

Let's hope your right BG. That big rodent from PA said long winter. Maybe some of our members from PA could go "explain" things to him.

40 hours of overtime since the Feb. 1st, more coming tonight. Down three plows this is going to be a grand old time. Yes winter is getting old.

I am enjoying every minute of winter. I could stay out there longer if the temps would go up a little,,, not much. Next week will suck. Temps in the 40s,,,mud,,, I hate mud. Spring is my least favorite,,,stinking, slimy, nasty,mud.

Let it snow!

40 hours of overtime since the Feb. 1st, more coming tonight. Down three plows this is going to be a grand old time. Yes winter is getting old

Our storms on LI have had the worst timing this year. Seem to mess with rush hour more often than not. Be safe out there and try not to get too mad at the people parked in the street.

Our storms on LI have had the worst timing this year. Seem to mess with rush hour more often than not. Be safe out there and try not to get too mad at the people parked in the street.
I only get mad at the cars parked in a cul de sac so I can't swing all the way around for a clean pass. I pack those in real tight front and rear than have the cops respond and tell them they have to move.

Everyone I talk to has had enough of this winter.

Glad I got the truck out of the shop this morning. It'll make it easier to get around toorrow.

I only get mad at the cars parked in a cul de sac so I can't swing all the way around for a clean pass. I pack those in real tight front and rear than have the cops respond and tell them they have to move.
You plow guys are a heartless bunch.

Yeah they plow a six foot wall in front of my driveway. And then there is this poor guy...

Y'all are gonna be whining about the heat in a few months! Deal with it. Winter comes at about this time every year. Then it goes away after a few months.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Y'all are gonna be whining about the heat in a few months! Deal with it. Winter comes at about this time every year. Then it goes away after a few months.

Just gimme some normal temps for 2 days, that's all I'm asking for ;lol.

In November im all excited for the cold and itching to start burning. Now Im about out of this years pile and itching to do stuff outside without 10 layers of coats.

It's my winter and I'll whine if I want to
Whine if I want to
Whine if I want to
You would whine too if it happened you.

Reactions: Dix
I just wish we could get a lil more snow and lil less super coldness up in here.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
I'm hoping this is the last gasp of winter. Our forecast shows a warmup into the 50s next week, and then before we know it we are in March. If the cold pattern breaks and temps revert to normal it will get into the 40s/50s and stay there at that point.

Up here, after the snow stops it's supposed to get back down to -4* Sunday nite.

Up here, after the snow stops it's supposed to get back down to -4* Sunday nite.

That's always the worst. My neighbor across the street rolled the dice and did not clear the last snow which was a slushy 6". Turned to ice and now there's no getting rid of it. I cut them a path with my blower but it's tough going once it's frozen like that.

I have learned that when clearing snow to never take that chance or put it anywhere that I don't want it to stay until May!

Saint Wesley just came through with the plow. Hell, I couldn't even get the truck in the driveway.

In low 4.

I hope to see the car next week.

Maybe :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.