Winter is gettin' old

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In low 4.

Go Hi 4. You'll get more wheel spin and dig down to something hard faster. Just hold on and be ready to stop before you run that buried car over. I left the house at 6:20 am today. Should be interesting when I get home at around 12:30 tonight.

I got 4 inches or so last night. But with high winds and really high drifts. The snowplow guy is usually really nice to me but the gods frowned and he left me a 2 foot windrow. I had to push the snow across the road and have just given up shoveling anything else. Is there such a thing as a really small snowblower? Like a powered snow-shovel?

It will melt in 2 months (I hope).

Go Hi 4. You'll get more wheel spin and dig down to something hard faster. Just hold on and be ready to stop before you run that buried car over. I left the house at 6:20 am today. Should be interesting when I get home at around 12:30 tonight.

I came in at high 4, and went "Ruh Ruh, George !!" My drive dips down, and I was in 12" + of slushy water logged mess (My drive dips down after you come in ). Spinning and slipping. Low 4'd it across the front yard and busted through to the other driveway. And parked it until Saint Wesley Of Dodge came in and cleared it out.

New tires and all :confused:

20140213_182634.jpg
Okay. Now we can start warming up. Snows okay, but let's see 30 or 35 and sunny for a day or two. Please....

Side note. I get an ear to ear smile when I look at how big the snow banks are...like when I was a kid

Last edited:
I love having the contrast in seasons..like right now im getting sick of the heat and cannot wait to start burning on freezing cold days!!!

Atleast your firewood is seasoning ;)

I saw a robin the other day so im predicting an early spring and im more accurate than that stupid ground hog is.

Y'all are gonna be whining about the heat in a few months! Deal with it. Winter comes at about this time every year. Then it goes away after a few months.
I said those very words today while shoveling out the family vehicle. Neighbors were whining about the snow. I said hey we live in Pa its been snowing here for what, millions of years. Enjoy it.
GO skiing ,go sledding,go ice skating,or just get drunk by the fire ,but dont wish for the clock to go faster ,its going fast enough. Im going to crack an irish red now....................

Last edited:
Get through next week, and it's almost March.

Well, I'm trying !

Went sleigh riding with the kids and built a snowman today, even the better half joined in. Glad i saved that old fashioned sled on rails,can only get em online now for about $150
Cheers :)

Reactions: tfdchief
Reactions: tfdchief
Got in a great sledding session with my 10 and 13 yo yesterday at the local hill. Hereabouts might get good conditions every other year or so.

Priceless.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
If I want to see snow, I go to the mountains. There's tons there. For us, spring is just around the corner. Crocuses are out, heather is in bloom, daffodils should open any day now and I saw some little leaves sprouting on some bushes.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
I come home tonight and the water faucet on the side of the house is spraying water all over the place. Nice layer of ice on everything. Guess i forgot to turn the cut off valve off in fall. Dont know why it didnt burst when we had all that bitter cold nights past month?? Tonight aint to bad and yet it burst.

It probably froze and burst some time over the last month but then it just got warm enough for it to thaw and start spraying.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Status
Not open for further replies.