"Wintry Mix" nigh in the mountains of NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwloco

Hearth Supporter
Jan 17, 2008
Asheville NC
Looked at the weather maps and pulled in all the dry wood I would need for 4 days.

Got home tonight, stopping to pick up a good burrito, just as the snow was covering the roads. I started the stove before I started the in on the burrito.

2-3 inches now, and still falling. Freezing rain after midnight. Power outages are expected.

Stove is at 625F, "Clapton & Winwood in NYC" streaming from the mac server in the back of the house. Good wine.

No problems, no problems at all here. Bring it on.

Send it NORTH! NH Wants the snow!

Since I don't have my stove yet so I'm hoping the power stays on.

What hollar of NC? Me native, but have traveled.

Stirling engine fan is really wailing... love it.

Would love some more snow, but it's starting to look like a mess.

Ashevegas here...

I think it will be a mess. I hope you and yours are well stocked, in no hurries, and have no place to go until the roads thaw.

Cheers!

I am hoping to get a text from work saying "closed".

Then I'll sneak to Charlotte to see my partner in crime, now in gradual school.

Eivlis Costello now... time for more wood. No more red wine. That's a good thing, too.

Be safe. The roads don't sound cooperative.

ColdNH said:
Send it NORTH! NH Wants the snow!

And some of us in Maine want it even more than NH! ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.