Wire order on a the on/off switch of a Jotul Allagash direct vent heater.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jhaslam

Nov 29, 2023
California
I have a Jotul Allagash direct vent gas heater. The on/off switch has 3 wires - a white, black, and red. The switch has an “on”, “off” and “stat” ( from top to bottom. Does anyone know the order the wires should be on the switch? It is a new switch, so it should work. I think the order is white, black, and red - from top to bottom, but that is not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jerry

The wiring diagram in the manual isn't of much help with wire colors is it.
I would try putting the red wire on the middle switch tab first. If you have a thermostat or remote, turn them down so they aren't calling for heat. Put the switch in the on position and touch the white wire to the bottom tab. If the burner doesn't come on, try touching the black wire to the bottom tab.
You might also want to try jumpering the TH and TH-TP terminals on the valve to verify that the burner does come on.

Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 4.38.47 PM.png

I have a Jotul Allagash direct vent gas heater. The on/off switch has 3 wires - a white, black, and red. The switch has an “on”, “off” and “stat” ( from top to bottom. Does anyone know the order the wires should be on the switch? It is a new switch, so it should work. I think the order is white, black, and red - from top to bottom, but that is not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jerry
I am reading the diagram as White Red, Black, top to bottom.