Wireless thermostat with wi fi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
i think the google nest is the only one that will do that. most others you have to be on the same network to control it

Reactions: JRemington
no.. i keep wanting to get one and ty it but don't want to part with that much money if it does not do what i want.. then i just have a glorified thermostat... I would like to be able to turn mine on before i leave work and get the house back up to temp.

I never seem to catch them on sale

Are you looking for remote on/off control or thermostat control with remote on/off capability? If you are just looking to control the stove to turn on and off I did something a while back that I loved. I will be doing again on my new stove. Essentially I used a Belkin Wemo wall light switch and hooked it up to a relay that would control the stove. It gave me a wall switch to turn the stove on/off and well as the ability to use my phone (from anywhere) to turn it on and off. I also used it to set schedules so I could always have the stove running when I woke up and when I returned home from work.

Essentially I used a Belkin Wemo wall light switch and hooked it up to a relay that would control the stove.

Brian, curious, why did you use the wall light switch rather than the Wemo smart outlet? Didn't this entail additional wiring and outlet? Great idea either way. Thank you.

Not sure what the thermostat connection is on your stove but this is what I did this past weekend. It’s a Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostat and I do not have to be on the same network to control it. I can be in Mass and turn it off or in in Maine from my phone. Technically can adjust the room temp on the thermostat too, but that’s not how I use it. I run mine so it never hits the cut out temperature. I don’t want it starting and stopping.

Thread 'Connected my Englander 25-EP to a Wi-Fi thermostat this weekend'
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ep-to-a-wi-fi-thermostat-this-weekend.196123/