wood boiler installation in Massachusetts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harry

May 24, 2008
eastern MA
I am going to purchase a EKO 40 soon and need some help with the installation into my existing oil boiler heating system. I have called several local heating and plumbing companies and almost everybody said NO, two guys said they wood be interested in the project but seem to have no experience in installing a wood boiler?
any recomandations of the massachusetts guys here, who knows of installers for wood boilers?

I second Harry's request for installers in MA (or maybe even southern NH). I've had 5 plumbers out to the house with almost no luck. The first two came out, promised estimates, and then never delivered, I called and called but no estimates. The third plumber (who seems like a good guy) said he would be happy to do the install but wasn't comfortable giving me an estimate. He was afraid either he would way under or over estimate it. The fourth guy came out and gave me a ridiculous estimate of $8500+ just for the install, and the install would take the better part of a week. Come on now I think I could do it by myself in less time than that. The fifth guy has yet to get back to me with an estimate but I have faith he will :)

Paul Lessard from Natick might be interested (google paul lessard plumbing). He hasn't done any wood boilers but he has done some solar, which has a lot in common as far as the plumbing and designs are concerned. I really don't know a lot about him other than that he seemed pretty interested in doing my install when I talked to him on the phone. I found him because I noticed his house has a ton of vacuum tube solar on top of it and it turns out he heats his entire house from solar.

Status
Not open for further replies.