Wood boiler thermostat faced air blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thinktwicez71

Nov 22, 2011
Ogdensburg , NY
Hello , I just finished installing my thermo control wood boiler , it's all piped up and ready to go , I have a mobile home with a miller forced air furnace that I put a coil in . 2 questions I have are

1.) how do I get my second thermostat to turn my furnace fan on when it calls for heat while useing my taco sr503 box ? The issue I have run into is my furnace already has a transformer in it , and the taco sr503 has a transformer in it so I didn't not know if I can just use that 24v wire from the furnace and take the wire from my second thermostat to connect to the fan .

2.) or seeing as my fan has limit switches , could I technically not hook to the blower at all and when it calls for heat the pump will circulate the hot water through the coil , and when it gets up to temp the fan will kick N anyways , then shut off after the house is warm and the pump kicks off ?

Sorry just this part has me stumped , any help appreciated

Also , I would like to keep the oil furnace fully functional so I can keep that thermostat at 60 and the boiler thermostat at 68-70 so in the event the boiler goes out , the house furnace is a backup

Your second option should work (I think?), provided the limit switches can feel the heat from the coil.
Otherwise you could relay the actual 120 v. fan wire to start it. You don't want to mix voltage from two transformers.

Sent from my HTCD100LVW using Tapatalk