Wood burner virgin, Help me ID stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gertie

Oct 15, 2014
Ohio
Although I am 67 years old I am clueless about wood burning stoves. I have just purchased a beautiful cabin built in 2010 with this stove (pic file att.). Cabin is 600sq ft, one large room, and I would like any info you can share with me, Make, Model, on this stove. On back it says Parlor Stove and the only number I found on it is Serial Code 88-dwd-7387. Thank you very much for your time. Gertie in Ohio.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,769
Welcome. There is a good chance that if there are no identifying foundry marks that this is a Taiwan reproduction. They were popular in the 1970-80s. The serial number could be a Montgomery Ward #.

that looks like my next door neighbors comforter stove with the addition of the nickle or chrome on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.