Wood furnace install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixedblade

Jul 31, 2008
Northeast Kingdom of Vt.
Greetings: I'm installing an older Royall Add-on Wood Furnace as a stand-alone unit to be used in lieu of my oil furnace and to supplement my Harman P-68 pellet stove which is my primary heat source. The furnace will dump all the heat directly into the house from my furnace room located off my garage. Problem is the wood furnace was set up to used as an Add-on and doesn't have a built in distribution blower. I'm looking for a source tu purchase a strong blower set-up. There is a "filter box" that is bolted to the back of the furnace and it might be large enough to house a blower or I might have to remove it and use a larger unit. Any suggestions or places I should look at for cold air return blowers?

Thanks, Fixed Blade in Vt.

Talk to some local installers, I bet they have some used ones laying around from furnaces that they replaced. I know my heating contractor has 4 or 5 at his shop, we talked about it when I thought about putting a second one my furnace.

Talk to your local furnace man who takes out old furnaces, especially with the gov't tax credit, he might have a surplus about this time of year. He might give you one for a deal. They just scrap them anyway, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.