Wood Haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool_hand_Looke

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2013
Illinois
Got a pretty good wood haul today. Decided to get out of my recliner when I saw the weather report upgraded to negative temps and 6/7 inches of snow tonight. Not that I HAD to but, I'm better off for it.

Got some black locust, shag bark, and persimmon.

Pics?

Here ya go. With some piss oak too.

Attachments

• IMAG0275.jpg
    IMAG0275.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 188
  • IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0276.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 176
Nice rounds! That will be a nice mix for the cold nights. Im running Ash and a little Oak. I would love to have some BL.

My stove burns those small rounds better than anything. It's weird. I figured I'd get better burns out of big splits.

Nice. Got my BL and Mulberry ready for this week. Upcoming snow and single digits:)

Good score, Looke! Good idea to get off the recliner too; I did the same thing and took a long walk today to burn off some of the Holiday weight and keep healthy. Really cool looking porch, too!

Reactions: osagebow
Good score, Looke! Good idea to get off the recliner too; I did the same thing and took a long walk today to burn off some of the Holiday weight and keep healthy. Really cool looking porch, too!
Thanks. That porch took a lot of work, sweat, and cuss words. When we bought the place the logs were black and the deck was almost black.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
I thought about cutting some wood. Got as far as the front door and turned around. It can wait until this weather warms up a bit.

This ::P is ridiculous. Were setting temp records.

Status
Not open for further replies.