wood id # 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeb83

Oct 4, 2012
Carmel, NY
I cut this standing dead on my property. I hope it is a ash tree but I am not sure. The ash I split last summer had a thicker bark then this tree. The rest of the tree is in the top right corner of the picture.
Thanks

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 133
Yep, ash. At 9:30 pm last night I put 6 splits of 2 year old ash in my Buck 80. I did not add wood again untill 11:30 this morning. Ash, good stuff. Not oak or hickory but good stuff never the less.m ( B.T.W. 16 degrees overnight 27 when I added wood and 73 in the house.)

;em You're correct I did forget to mention that: "the best device for checking the moisture content of you firewood is a multi-year calendar and a permant marker! The permant marker part is new thanks to tfdchief!;lol

Reactions: ScotO
We have dozens of stumps that look like yours. Sooner or later we'll get them all cut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.