Wood ID website?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha_gurl

Aug 31, 2008
Ontairo
Any chance there is a website that has pictures of splits or trees and it lists what each is? I would like to know what would I have and not have to bug you all with "Wood ID" every time I get different wood :D

Alright, will post pics in the morning. :)

But for now lets see if you guys can work without pics, and we'll see who is right...lol. Fyi, all of this wood my dad cut up off of his newly aquired 26ish acre piece of land :D

1. Small 2-3" rounds, which are grey on the exterior no bark, very smooth and when cut are bright green with a ripple effect on the end...like circles one inside the other.

2. Honey colored exterior and a red/dark pink color circle, just one in the very middle.

Sorry, but I have no leaves off of them, in winter here in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.