wood id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mulberry is red when it is green and turns yellow as it drys out, when I cut dead mulberry it is yellow.

Makes sense as what I cut was already down for about a year or so......

oldspark said:
Mulberry is red when it is green and turns yellow as it drys out, when I cut dead mulberry it is yellow.

lol I better tell the mulberry tree I just cut! whole fence line of it.

smokinjay said:
oldspark said:

Well not sure what you are seeing but I have been cutting mulberry for over 30 years and that is what I always seen, the mulberry that I am burning now as I type was still brown on the end but when splitt it will be yellow on the inside. Looked it up and it is yellow sap wood and turns brown when exposed to sun light I had that turned around a little bit.

oldspark said:
smokinjay said:
oldspark said:

Well not sure what you are seeing but I have been cutting mulberry for over 30 years and that is what I always seen, the mulberry that I am burning now as I type was still brown on the end but when splitt it will be yellow on the inside. Looked it up and it is yellow sap wood and turns brown when exposed to sun light I had that turned around a little bit.

green green and more green is what I seen all day yesterday and no dought they are mulberrys with mulberrys on them every year green green green.....and did I mention mulberry is green when fresh split...dont know what you have being reddish I have been a tree shurb and lawn guy for a very long time.

Attachments

• mulberry2.jpg
    mulberry2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 147
  • mulberry 3.jpg
    mulberry 3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 151
smokinjay said:
oldspark said:
smokinjay said:
oldspark said:

green green and more green is what I seen all day yesterday and no dought they are mulberrys with mulberrys on them every year green green green.....and did I mention mulberry is green when fresh split...dont know what you have being reddish I have been a tree shurb and lawn guy for a very long time.
What I see is the same thing as the google search I did. I have never posted pictures here but if I can figure it out I will take some of it before and after it is split. The mulberrys I eat off of it every year tell me it is mulberry. :)

oldspark said:
smokinjay said:
oldspark said:
smokinjay said:
oldspark said:

What I see is the same thing as the google search I did. I have never posted pictures here but if I can figure it out I will take some of it before and after it is split. The mulberrys I eat off of it every year tell me it is mulberry. :)

I am not goggleing I am going off what I have done just yesterday...oh and the mill isnt mine I wished it was!lol

smokinjay said:
oldspark said:
smokinjay said:
oldspark said:
smokinjay said:
oldspark" date="1269451829 said:

I am not goggleing I am going off what I have done just yesterday...oh and the mill isnt mine I wished it was!lol
Well I just went to the garage and split a small piece of mulberry and it was brown on the out side and yellow in the middle, now if I can just figure how to post a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.