Wood Insert by Carolina Stove - Anyone have Info?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ginobass

Jul 10, 2008
WNY
Ok, first post.

My buddy's brother-in-law gave him his fireplace insert, thinking he (my buddy) might use it. My buddy already has a small airtight woodstove and has no room for the insert as a free-standing stove, and no fireplace to install it in.

I, however, have been wanting to get a wood burning insert for my fireplace, so my buddy said it's yours if you like. On the handle that slides the catalytic in and out it says 'Carolina Stove'. I have some pics but I don't know how to get them in the post.

Is anyone familiar with this brand? It seems like quite a nice stove, solid, in good shape, all the brick etc. is there. My buddy says he remembers it burning at his b-i-l's house and it really cranked out the heat.

I have lots more questions regarding possibly installing this unit, but I thought I'd first check to see if anyone had any info in this particular make. I Goggled it and got zip-o-la.

Thanks much.........

Status
Not open for further replies.