Wood insert for this style Heatilator?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nology

Jan 18, 2014
NY
My house was built in the 40s and the fireplace is dead center. From what I can see I'm pretty sure I have this style of heatilator. The firebox is beginning to warp and the damper for some reason is missing. I had a chimney cap damper installed but now I'm leaning towards a wood insert. Is it possible without major work?

Attachments

• 1346503409-1.jpg
    1346503409-1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,510
Should be ok. Post an actual shot or two of the fireplace.

If the insert will fit, and is approved for such application, and whatever may be necessary to meet the flue/chimney requirements is done, and all the minimum required Clearances To Combustibles are met (including the required hearth protection)...then probably.

Ditto the above.

Pics of FP would help.

Welcome to the forums !

Square footage of your house? Climate? Budget? Welcome to the most addicting site on the internet

My insert is installed in a steel heatilator. As others said a pic is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.