Wood Insert ID?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mebar

Jul 27, 2011
Central Arkansas
Hi Folks,

Started emailing with a guy about an insert he has on CL... he listed it as a "Joul" (sic) but I'm having a hard time IDing it... I'm hoping it's a Jotul. He sent me the dimensions when I asked but hasn't yet looked carefully for a model # anywhere.

Any help appreciated. (I'm looking for something inexpensive but decent I can use for supplemental heat for a 2200 sq ft ranch in the south--central Arkansas. Not much to choose from on the used market here.)
insert.jpg

Thanks!

A lot of the styling looks likes Jotul to me. Comparing it to my Jotul c350 there are a ton of similarities.

A lot of the styling looks likes Jotul to me. Comparing it to my Jotul c350 there are a ton of similarities.

That's encouraging. I'd love to have a c350 or equivalent. I'm still puzzled by the door, though; I would have expected the classic Jotul arch. There isn't anything in their current product line that seems like a perfect match, which has me wondering whether anyone knows when Jotul started making inserts and if they had any with doors like this. I can't find much on the web.

The latest news from the seller (who seems like an honest guy) is that it is a Jotul (or so he's been told), it was in the house when he bought it a year ago, and was reportedly not used much by the previous owners (nor by him). (I don't know how old the house is.) It was apparently inspected by chimney professionals and deemed okay...

I'm tempted, but will have to pay someone to check it out if I want to go forward unless folks on here can help walk me through what I would need to look for if I go to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.