Wood Pellet Baskets for wood stoves - Do these work???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

efoyt

Sep 18, 2008
Maine
Has anyone used a wood pellet basket in there wood stove??? Here is a link to a guy in Maine by me that sells them.

http://www.reposenow.com/index.php?pr=Woodstove_Products

Has anyone here used them? I'm not interested for me, but for my father. In his old age he is less exited about cutting, splitting, halling, and stacking wood.

Any information or feedback would be great. Thanks

Another version, the Prometheus basket, has been sold for several years. I don't know anyone who's used one, though. I think filling them would be the hardest thing once you've got the fire going.

promet8a.jpg

They are awful. Burn very sooty. Nowadays there are other alternatives if you can't find cordwood. Try Bio-Brick or any of the like, and you will be better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.