Wood Storage for Small Stoves Outside

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That to me would be the worse place to put it although it is beautiful property and I cannot believe that the is dry and if it is its a miracle and I do not think a piece of rubber will do much good . I think I see a deer drinking in that new made "river"---you got a lot of rain there and much enjoyed the humor of the scene . Thank you for setting my day off right... The carpenter will be here in the first week of April to build some kind of a little shed for wood but how do you stack it and what would be the right way so that the air and dryness ensues...Thanks LP for the imput and I appreciate ...Of course here in my state it is very very dry anyway and we worry so much about fire conditions--the opposite of your scene in Maine...Thanks again...clancey...

That to me would be the worse place to put it although it is beautiful property and I cannot believe that the is dry and if it is its a miracle and I do not think a piece of rubber will do much good . I think I see a deer drinking in that new made "river"---you got a lot of rain there and much enjoyed the humor of the scene . Thank you for setting my day off right... The carpenter will be here in the first week of April to build some kind of a little shed for wood but how do you stack it and what would be the right way so that the air and dryness ensues...Thanks LP for the imput and I appreciate ...Of course here in my state it is very very dry anyway and we worry so much about fire conditions--the opposite of your scene in Maine...Thanks again...clancey...

The worst place? Hardly. That face is pure south facing and the prevailing wind is NW. That rubber is keeping the face of that last overstocked row dry and blows freely in the winds. When I ordered it I changed from 20-22" to 22-24" and it all came closer to 24. Shed was not set up for the longer size.

Last piece of wood I checked was 16% @ room temp and fresh split. Both the wood insert and wood boiler loves it. That needs to get moved into wood storage room in the basement and refilled.

Well I am glad your wood will be moved to the basement because another major rain storm will take it downstream--lol ----even that deer knows to go downstream for the next big rain....Seriously--How do you stack the wood and do you need something in between the logs and for a stove that holds 14 inch logs what size would be the best to order. How large are the air slats in the side of the wood shed that would bring in the proper air and no rain...I plan on facing it south and have a door that shuts but I can leave open for a 1/2 of cord of wood what size shed would you suggest for my yard in front of the fence and close to the house door. I am going to have a roof that overhangs as well. Enjoyed the flood and thanks for your help and suggestions.. clancey.

I kind of like this wood shed and could I put two doors on it that I could open and narrow up the separated boards and should I face it South because the wind flow in my yard is from east to west and do you think that would hold i wood 18 inches long and some other types I guess..
What size wood shed for about two cords and how about some hard plastic clear covering so that the sun shines on it--what do you all think? What size for a small one that would hold a cord on each side and how tall would it be? Thanks..Clancey..

https://www.hearth.com/talk/attachments/20191022_125224-jpg.275807/