Wood stove history...and other stuff too!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pgmr

Feeling the Heat
Jan 14, 2006
Central Indiana
A couple days ago I saw that Google had digitized a number of magazines, a few going back into the late 19th century. If you want to see some neat articles and ads about wood stoves, here's a link that will take you to the advanced Google magazine search.

Of course you can also look at other stuff too, but really, why would you?? :)

Those old Popular Mechanics issues really went into depth on some pretty arcane projects. Now days they seem to only talk about new stuff to buy, not how to make or repair anything.

Very cool.
Here is the 1979 PM cover that pretty much created the company in this country....or at least gave them millions of dollars in sales.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 320
The downside to all those old periodicals is that now I want to READ them!! Oh well, guess I'll have to give up watching some of the Golden Girls reruns....;-)

That's an awesome link. I heard about the Google book project, but didn't realize it was going to cover magazines too.

Status
Not open for further replies.