Wood Stove ID Help!?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssteger20

Dec 22, 2016
Southern Illinois
Hello everyone, I am brand new to this forum page and looking forward to learning more about classic wood burning stoves. That being said, I am hoping someone can give me some information on a wood stove I am going to buy today to heat my pole barn. It seems to be similar to the classic Fisher brand "Papa Bear" model. I have not yet seen the stove in person so the purchase is not final. My questions are: what brand of stove might this be? Is $200 for the stove, 15 foot of 6" single wall pipe, and a stainless rain cap reasonable? Please offer any information up that may be of assistance! Thanks -Scott

The current owner says there is no visible tag verifying brand or model

The stoves outer dimesnions are 36 in long x 25 in wide x 35 in tall

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 300
Fisher copy. If stove is not in need of repair such as broken welds or bad warping I would think $200.00 is reasonable for this time of year.

@coaly will likely be around soon to give more details.

Honestly that is a locally made fisher copy. I would not pay much more that $100 for it if it was me. That is also a huge firebox for that 6" outlet on top. I would expect some performance problems.

Thanks guys for the reply I haven't headed up there to get it yet and may pass on it. I'm not in desperate need of installing one in my shop yet but wanted some opinions. If the initial pipe size was flared out from the 6 inch outlet into 8 inch or bigger pipe would that allow for it to draw better?

If the initial pipe size was flared out from the 6 inch outlet into 8 inch or bigger pipe would that allow for it to draw better?
nope that would actually make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.