Wood Stove inch and a quarter rope

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Blazzinghot

Feeling the Heat
Dec 5, 2019
New Plymouth, Idaho
I have two wood stoves I am fixing up and they both need 1 1/4 gasket rope. I have been searching the internet and having a hard time finding this size in without buying a large roll. Does anyone know of an online source to get this size rope? I found some on Amazon but one customer complained that it was too dense as it was for a boiler but was listed for wood stove. I was hoping someone has already has gone down this road could help me find a good place to purchase some good gasket rope this size.

The gasket rope is for an old Earth Stove and Pine Ridge.

Thanks

This is for the old Earth Stove:

begreen thanks for the link but I had already ordered the other gasket rope from eBay. I was surprised how much more the gasket rope costs as an official item for the Earth Stove as compared to the same size gasket rope from eBay for much less. I already have gasket cement in the shop. Thanks again for looking this up.

All gasket materials are not created equally. There can be a great deal of difference between the OEM gasket material and some 3d party gaskets. The differences can be in density, weave, and construction and at times, all of them at once.

I certainly agree with your statement. I am hoping this gasket rope from eBay will hold up. Time will tell. But I might sell both stoves so will never know how good the gasket rope is.