Wood stove insert installed - Thanks for the help Hearth.com!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I always thought Hog. Last year I bought eight packs of ECO Bricks at TSC to play with them. I could burn six at a time, a 21 pound package, and not have any over-fire worries. Two N/S on each side of a three inch tunnel and two sideways on top of it. More than that at a time would need to be packed tighter. Filling up the 30-NC with them would require re-mortgaging the house to pay for the things.

I had anxiety with the BioBricks but found that if you pack them tightly with no air spaces between (as shown in instruction) a stove full of them will not take off. They burn at a controlled rate. I was anxious at doing this with the Castine, but I followed directions and there was no drama throughout the burndown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.