Wood stove lighting once again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Use a few kindling under the bottom to create an air gap and help it catch. Add more splits as you start feeling comfortable, maybe 4-5. Get it in the 6-700 range, and you should not have any smoke.

Oh Am I attentive--I just sit out in my porch with my music and treats--hot chocolate with toppings and sometimes a "coors light" and enjoy...Next time I will load it better and take a picture of it before I light it.. I want my stove installer man out here anyway just to check things out and make sure its all intact "right"---we had a lot of wind here and that collar around the bottom of the stack looks "crooked" to me so he will come and check it out and I will "load it good" and take a picture and see what you all say about my "loading"...Right now about 3;25pm we have a drizzle type of snow and its cold and the wind is kicking up a little..I will take a picture of that collar on the stack..You cannot tell that good but to me it looks crooked-just a little and I see some yellow paint above it to where I think it used to be but not sure--just want to check it out...and have him really load the stove with my help--lol Brought the birdies in and they have two heaters on low and nice and warm and its "cold outside"..took some pictures of them too....enjoy...clancey

birdies and stove collar 001.JPG birdies and stove collar 002.JPG birdies and stove collar 004.JPG birdies and stove collar 007.JPG birdies and stove collar 003.JPG birdies and stove collar 011.JPG birdies and stove collar 012.JPG

Mrs. Clancey, how are you and your beautiful birds doing?

Reactions: clancey
Sure do have a flock of them--22 and long ago had a lot more--but we all get old...At this point I am putting fake eggs down and they do not know the difference and just carry on their lives--lol..But in a little while they look at one another and "peep" this "aint't happening" and off they fly and start their life's agenda once again...We are all doing just fine and I am trying hard to outlive these birdies and they are getting "old"...--some are 17 years old and "really pigeons usually kick the the bucket a lot sooner--all kinds of problems they have in the wild--predators-etc and the list goes on...The next pictures are two "house pigeons" because of their age and disability. The white and black one is a volunteer mate for Gimie who is very old..She is disabled and lived in Arizona. My friend died in 2010 so I flew there and picked up three birdies because I promised my friend that if anything ever happened to her I would take care of her birdies . Gimie has outlived three or four mates now so I volunteered "Speckles" from the loft for her to have company.."She hates him"-I am not good at match making . I felt bad for him because he just lost his mate so now he has Gimie..He has nerve damage and needs special attention . They are trying to get along and they are getting better at it for I caught him pecking at her neck and this is a romantic action. .In regard to my wood stove I need my installer to take a look at the stack because it does not look right to me we had some high wind. I will have him check it out and load lots of wood into it to really try it out when the time is right..Everything is good here and pictures coming clancey

birdies--gimie and bird 006.JPG birdies--gimie and bird 008.JPG birdies--gimie and bird 009.JPG

Reactions: JamesGuido