Wood stove vacuum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 on the Loveless.

bboulier said:
Not long after I had convinced my wife that we should by a "hi tech" insert, I decided to use power tools (i.e., the shop-vac) to clean a cold fireplace. Bad mistake. It did not have much of a filter. Took me a long while to notice that the fireplace ashes vacuumed in by the shop-vac were then exhaled as a very, very fine dust on the way out. Only when it started getting smoky in the room did I realize the problem. Was scrambling fast with a regular vacuum on furniture, walls, rugs, etc. before my wife came home. Since then, I have used a shovel. That's a tool I can recommend.

HehHeh . . . I did something very similar . . . only it was with an older regular vacuum without any bag . . . and I did notice it pretty quickly . . . but just like you I was scrambling afterwards in an effort to clean the area before my wife came home and saw what I had done.

Status
Not open for further replies.