Wood Tote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I can recommend a good wood tote.
It is the Condar CD 916 model.
I bought it at the local hearth store.
I think it comes in black and green.
It is made of very tough polyester.
I have had a similar orange model for several years.
It has held up well.
The totes keep the wood flakes that come off the pieces contained.
I've started a "system" where I fill up three of these totes with wood in the garage, put them in a wheelbarrow, and wheel it into the breezeway.
Now, next time the tote by the hearth is empty and can just exchange the empty for a full one.
It makes sense to me, but then again I wish I would have servents to move the wood around for me. :)

We had an old canvas tote when i was a kid...made the job of lugging wood so much easier. I had an idea or one that would drop right into freestanding frame so you don't have to unload the tote into your living room log rack and was prepared to build my own this past summer when i noticed that Home Cheapo had the EXACT same thing in stock for like $18. best money I ever spent. At that price I don't care if it lasts one year or ten...if it breaks I'll toss it in the recycle bin and buy another. About a half a burning season later there are no frayed ends, the handles are in good shape and the tube steel frame isn't even scuffed up yet.

I used standard sized plastic recycling bins. I don't know how I'd do it any other way, the amount of crud I've toted back outside justifies the ugliness of them. When one froze to the outside porch floor last year I wrenched my back out for the rest of the weekend, that has been my only complaint.

I have two nested right now 2 foot from the blower with a third leaning at a 45 degree so that the air hits directly on the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.