Wood usage for a Lopi Flex 95

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Looking at a used Lopi. Can any users give any feedback?

I moved your thread over to the hearth room where it might get a better response for this style question.

This is a pretty good sized stove at just under 3 cubic feet and a cat stove too. So, if the cat is new and/or working properly, this stove would probably heat a med to decent sized home with well seasoned fuel in NNJ on about 4-4.5 cord of wood depending on about 10,000 variables. 5 cord should give you come wiggle room and help with that first year learning curve.

All depends on how you plan to use the stove, how well your home spreads / retains the heat, how hot you like it, if you are willing to supplement in very cold weather, etc, etc.

Being a cat stove, if not run full tilt, I could see it cleanly burning much less fuel also.

My first year with my new stove I went through almost 5 cord. The following winter was about 4.5 cord. Last year was mild so it was only 3.5 cord. This year is looking like it will be about 4 to 4.25 cord if things keep going as they are. With my fisher, pre-epa stove, I was going through upwards of 6 cord.

How much wood you chewing through with that Buck stove now? Plan on using this thing this same way?

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.