Woodburner Looking For Some Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
I am finishing the room over the garage and looking into heating options. My woodstove is downstairs on the other end of the house and there is no real way for it to heat the new space. The new space is going to be used as a bedroom so I can't use a solid fuel appliance. This has me looking at the Jotul GF 300DV Allagash.

One of my concerns is heating costs. I will have to get a propane tank installed, but I am looking to going to a gas range in the kitchen anyhow, so a gas stove in the bedroom seems a cost-effective way to heat the new space.

What does everyone think, what kind of monthly cost would I be looking at to heat the space during the winter?

Also I could use some install photo links so I can give the wife installation ideas.

Thanks,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.