Woodgasification Boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainewood said:
nofossil, thanks for your reply. I would like to know more about installing the boiler in parallel vs. in series.
thanks

There's a few threads that address this. In a series installation you usually have on pump that pushes water through both boilers. Disadvantage is slower response and more heat loss. In a parallel configuration, each heat source has its own pump with check valve and they're connected to a common supply and return. See the plumbing diagram on my site for an example - link in my signature below. You only care about the left side of the diagram - the right side has complexities unrelated to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.