woodlanddirect.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

Signature
Warning: I’m a well-meaning newbie, who may be wrong. Best Wishes, George (the member previously known as RenovationGeorge)

“Committed to seasoned wood, sufficient draft, and smokeless burning.â€
Renovating a wrecked 2-story, 2000 sqft Farmhouse near Lake Michigan
Leaning towards a Blaze King King, interested in the upcoming Woodstock
There’s more info in my profile.

wow i didnt even know michigan had the internet.

micaaronfl said:
that and charge them back and sell the product on craigs list to someone that doesnt speaka gooda english for 200 bucks.

I sure hope this is a hypothetical, not something that was done.

micaaronfl said:
hogwildz - awesome. just easier to do a chargeback on amex

I did the switcheroo once with computer software.
They would only exchange for same software if opened. Took the exchange, then took the new unopened one back. LOL, amazing the wasted policies around.

lol i took back a paint gun to hd that i used to paint my fence and you couldnt even see the brand becuase it was covered in stain, and they took it back. it was 250 bucks.

anyway if you dont have a decent return policy then you shouldnt be in business.

the paint gun was an abuse but in my defense i got more stain on the grass and house then the fence with it. they work like crap unless u get an industrial one.

micaaronfl said:
hogwildz - awesome. just easier to do a chargeback on amex

From the merchant's side, all they have to do is prove you did not comply with the refund/return policy and you will be recharged by Amex and get a little gold star on your account.

It was not their fault you made the purchase, why should they eat the costs??? You didn't do your homework and now your sour grapes are trying to get confirmed at Woodland's expense/ No sympathy here, my friend.

micaaronfl said:
can u recommend any wood suppliers i got burnt on my last cord.

Me too! Seller claimed the cord of white ash he sold me had 23.6 million BTUs. After using it, I found I only got 22 million, but he refused to return my money.

Shoulda bought it from the Big Box store. :roll:

From the merchant’s side, all they have to do is prove you did not comply with the refund/return policy and you will be recharged by Amex and get a little gold star on your account.

It was not their fault you made the purchase, why should they eat the costs??? You didn’t do your homework and now your sour grapes are trying to get confirmed at Woodland’s expense/ No sympathy here, my friend.

- depends on how much business you give amex on what they will eat for you? correct?

this was posted to warn everyone about woodlanddirect.com and their return policy.

btw the merrimack is a waste of money or any wood insert unless u have a house that is 900 sq ft and u have the time to burn 40 logs a day. better off paying ur energy company as its not worth the extra hassle. i wish their was a return policy on that but maybe i will just do a chargeback?

Reading this thread makes me want to buy something from woodlanddirect.com, just to balance the bad karma...

i ordered my insert, liner and cap from woodlanddirect. No problems so far everything works as it should. Just make sure you know what your ordering before you order, I dont think the staff there is very knowledgeable, i get that big chain store feeling when i ordered form them, where the staff knows only enough to get them by. Also when you order MAKE 100% certain that your item is instock or you are prepared to wait for it. When i ordered my stove they told me it would ship in 2-3 days as it was instock. Well 2 45 days later i recieved my insert. apparently i placed my order right after the last stock unit was sold and there was a back order for a few weeks on the insert i ordered (napoleon/timberwolf economizer). The good news is that when it finally came in i recieved it in just 2 days as it ships form some where in NY state. I cant fault them for the long wait time, i can only fault them for not keeping better track of there inventory and informing me that the last stock unit was purchased minutes before i ordered.

Overall i would order from them again, they have good prices, and seem to be honest.

micaaronfl said:
i disagree i buy things at home depot and i can always return it. if the product doesnt work why would u sell it?

Thats why you should always read the return policy before buying something. Also a good reason to visit your local hearth shop. If they are a good business, you may pay a little more, but have more recourse should you end up not being happy.

i agree a lot of people tend to buy things and think that every store in America has the same return policy as walmart or homedepot. Ignorant consumers are the worst customers.

micaaronfl said:
browning yes the cycles continues. you live in doylestown? if so can u recommend any wood suppliers i got burnt on my last cord.

begreen then i will call china tommorrow lol

I'll PM you two suppliers I have used.

Hogwildz said:
Buy a new one from Northern Express, send the new unopened one back to Woodland, get refund. Send used one back to Northern, get refund.
You basically agree to their return policy when you buy the product.

That's a pretty solid plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.