Woodmaster 4400 Fan And Limit Thermostat Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

biglsells

Oct 25, 2015
Caledonia MI
I've got a woodmaster 4400 wood burner, been great for many years. Today went out and noticed all power was off to the unit, the 15a fuse had blown so I replaced it and after about 30 minutes it was blown again, this time I saw smoke coming from the back of the burner where the two wires attach to the therm-o-disc fan and limit thermostat. I'm going to assume that's the problem because a)it was smoking and b) this season the thermostat reading would occasionally be all over the board up and down for short periods.

I can order this part but as far as replacing it, does anyone know the procedure? Am I correct in assuming that once I pull the old one off my coolant/liquid is going to come shooting out at me?

It should have a dry well threaded in, no water should come out. Just order a new one and reattach wires to the new one.

Last edited:
If I remember right the aquastat mounts in the rear near the plumbing, at least on the older woodmaster's ? I replaced an old dial type aquastat with a ranco control before. Nice digital readout and it's cheaper too, but served the same function. But you'll need a nuetral wire pulled out of the junction box to power the display