UpStateNY Posted By UpStateNY, Jan 10, 2018 at 12:19 AM

1. UpStateNY

UpStateNY
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

May 4, 2008
    Loc:
    Catskill Mountains
    The woodpellets.com sale prices keep flip flopping. One week the pellets are on sale with a delivery fee. Next its no change in pellet prices with zero delivery fee. Do the math and it always works out to $300 per ton delivered. They have been doing this for 2 years now. Don't get me wrong I order pellets from them at $300 per ton delivered. But its not really a sale price. A true sale price would be something less than $300 per ton delivered. I am waiting for the real sale.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 6, 2014
    Loc:
    New Hampster
    You caught that, huh?
    ;)

Dan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JRemington

JRemington
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 4, 2017
    Loc:
    Belleville New York
    Where in NY are you?

4. the pony boy

the pony boy
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
    putnam ny
    I paid 284 a ton with 17 dollar delivery. That was for 4.5 tons of lg granuals

5. JRemington

JRemington
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 4, 2017
    Loc:
    Belleville New York
    I don't get these prices. We're selling Cubex for 229.00 a ton.

6. rickwai

rickwai
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 1, 2011
    Loc:
    ohio
    Seems like highway robbery!_g Rural king has decent pellets here for $159/ton!

7. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 6, 2014
    Loc:
    New Hampster
    Everything near the east coast is higher....

Dan

8. dotman17

dotman17
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 21, 2017
    Loc:
    Everett, wA
    From the things I've read in other places, Dan, you folks out East do get screwed -- when it comes to pellets. But your cord prices are magnificent compared to ours. It would seem if you want to play the game in your favor, buy pellets out West. Buy cord wood out East.

Pete Zahria and jackhammer like this.
  9. P51mustang

P51mustang
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2014
    Loc:
    Upstate, NY
    Why did you decide on selling Cubex brand? I know where you're located and I in fact purchase food items at your store on occasion. Also, do you deliver pellets? If so, how far and what is the delivery fee?

10. Harman Fifty Two i

Harman Fifty Two i
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 30, 2017
    Loc:
    Northeast
    Why is everything near the Eastcoast more expensive? Up here in the Northeast good softwood pellets start at around $300 a ton.
    You can get a ton of Firesdide Ultras for around $250 at Home Depot, but I for for the Vermont Softwoods for $320. I paid around
    $375 for Okie Douglas Fir a few years ago, but I’m happy with the Vermont’s. Hopefully in time there will be more competition in the pellet industry and we see prices come down in our neck of the woods

11. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 6, 2014
    Loc:
    New Hampster
    It's got a lot to do with transportation..

12. MButkus

MButkus
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 4, 2008
    Loc:
    Jersey
    I used to buy from Woodpellets for a number of years. We had an Agway store I used for many years (stove chow), until they went bankrupt. So tried Woodpellets.com and you had to catch a sale in the summer. Then they changed the delivery people or something. The old delivery people had a small propane lifter, got into the small driveway area and dropped a couple of tons per year. Then in 2014 some huge truck showed up and mess up my parking area. The next year, they delivered with some 10" wide loader that couldn't get in the right spot. Also the last few batches had broken bags, mostly at the bottom of the piles. Some times just a handful of pellets, sometimes half a bag of multiple bags. So I checked out a pool place that did pellets and stoves during the winter. Bought some 5 bags of their Allegheny premium pellets. That was it, dropped WoodPellets. These were low ash and heat makers against what I was getting anymore from WoodPellets premium brand. I once found a stick when pouring a Stove Chow bag and soft pellets due to the bags starting to fail. This is my second year with the local guy, they stack them where I want, you get a bad bag, they will replace them.