woodpellets.com Flip Flopping Sales Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

UpStateNY

Feeling the Heat
May 4, 2008
Catskill Mountains
The woodpellets.com sale prices keep flip flopping. One week the pellets are on sale with a delivery fee. Next its no change in pellet prices with zero delivery fee. Do the math and it always works out to $300 per ton delivered. They have been doing this for 2 years now. Don't get me wrong I order pellets from them at $300 per ton delivered. But its not really a sale price. A true sale price would be something less than $300 per ton delivered. I am waiting for the real sale.

The woodpellets.com sale prices keep flip flopping. One week the pellets are on sale with a delivery fee. Next its no change in pellet prices with zero delivery fee. Do the math and it always works out to $300 per ton delivered. They have been doing this for 2 years now. Don't get me wrong I order pellets from them at $300 per ton delivered. But its not really a sale price. A true sale price would be something less than $300 per ton delivered. I am waiting for the real sale.
Where in NY are you?

Seems like highway robbery!_g Rural king has decent pellets here for $159/ton!

Everything near the east coast is higher....

Dan

Why is everything near the Eastcoast more expensive? Up here in the Northeast good softwood pellets start at around $300 a ton.
You can get a ton of Firesdide Ultras for around $250 at Home Depot, but I for for the Vermont Softwoods for $320. I paid around
$375 for Okie Douglas Fir a few years ago, but I’m happy with the Vermont’s. Hopefully in time there will be more competition in the pellet industry and we see prices come down in our neck of the woods

I used to buy from Woodpellets for a number of years. We had an Agway store I used for many years (stove chow), until they went bankrupt. So tried Woodpellets.com and you had to catch a sale in the summer. Then they changed the delivery people or something. The old delivery people had a small propane lifter, got into the small driveway area and dropped a couple of tons per year. Then in 2014 some huge truck showed up and mess up my parking area. The next year, they delivered with some 10" wide loader that couldn't get in the right spot. Also the last few batches had broken bags, mostly at the bottom of the piles. Some times just a handful of pellets, sometimes half a bag of multiple bags. So I checked out a pool place that did pellets and stoves during the winter. Bought some 5 bags of their Allegheny premium pellets. That was it, dropped WoodPellets. These were low ash and heat makers against what I was getting anymore from WoodPellets premium brand. I once found a stick when pouring a Stove Chow bag and soft pellets due to the bags starting to fail. This is my second year with the local guy, they stack them where I want, you get a bad bag, they will replace them.