Kingdom Biofuel? No Longer in Business?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rob.mwpropane

Dec 1, 2013
Baldwin MD
I have ordered from the above company for the past 8 years. It's been pretty awesome. They're located in Lancaster, PA. They show up in a delivery truck and shoot pellets through a 3" hose into sacks in my basement. I always order during their spring sale and they deliver in Sep-Oct, really whenever they feel like it. I just leave the back door open.

Well this year I ordered (not paid) and now I can't get a hold of them. I've called a few times and left messages and sent an email. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

I still have a ton left from last year, but if I don't do something I'll back myself into a corner... I'm kind of already screwed because I never buy pellets in the winter. What a waste. I know the company went under new ownership... but this is rediculous.

Any suggestions for where to get them in the MD / PA / DE area? I'm looking to order 3 tons, but man do I hate the idea of carrying 150 bags all through my basement. Nothing lasts forever I suppose...

Just got off the phone with them.. she was very apologetic about the lack of communication, said I should be getting them 1st week in Nov.

I'll report back. Had always been a great company, but I've seen and read the service has really fallen off in the last year or 2.. would be such a shame.

I am a really easy going guy, I didn't want this to sound like aggrevation... it was mroe nervousness than anything.

Reactions: Smiley67
Up here near Hershey my dealer said they stopped dealing with them a couple of years ago because of similar issues.

I remember seeing them advertised. I am to far west for them to service. I liked the idea of not dealing with the bags.

It does seem like they might be on their way out of business if not gone already - they owe me just over 3 tons that I already paid for, and I can't get a response from them - been trying to call and email for 3 weeks. I've had to resort to using the email that is a gmail account that is listed on their Facebook page, because their @kingdombiofuel.com addresses all bounce back, and their website now goes to some gambling outfit, so they must have let their domain expire, maybe in a cost cutting effort if they're having trouble?
Today I started some formal complaint processes, and will probably see what my bank can do etc. since I paid for something I didn't get, and can't get the business to respond. I might drive down there later this week and just see if anyone is actually even there.
It's kind of a bummer, because I've been using them for several years and mostly had good luck (except for 1 year where the pellet quality was questionable.) I'm all set up with a bulk bin in my basement and the fill pipes/connections that run up to the side of the house by the driveway, that they fill from their bulk truck. I really don't want to have to go back to lugging bags around. As far as I know the only other outfit in PA that does bulk delivery is in Mifflentown PA, which is almost 90 miles from me, so I don't have high hopes that I could get delivers from them - I'll call them later this week though and find out.

Sorry to hear that. Last year I found bags for sale in Ephrata and they were quite good. But I ended up not using them because I live in Marietta and was right outside their free delivery range.

In any case, I get my pellets from a place out near Hershey. I asked them about Kingdom Biofuel and he said they used to stock them and then stopped because the owners at the time were kind of shady and had too many problems with getting deliveries, etc. They told me it was sold off and they haven't bothered to deal with the new owners.

It does seem like they might be on their way out of business if not gone already - they owe me just over 3 tons that I already paid for, and I can't get a response from them - been trying to call and email for 3 weeks. I've had to resort to using the email that is a gmail account that is listed on their Facebook page, because their @kingdombiofuel.com addresses all bounce back, and their website now goes to some gambling outfit, so they must have let their domain expire, maybe in a cost cutting effort if they're having trouble?
Today I started some formal complaint processes, and will probably see what my bank can do etc. since I paid for something I didn't get, and can't get the business to respond. I might drive down there later this week and just see if anyone is actually even there.
It's kind of a bummer, because I've been using them for several years and mostly had good luck (except for 1 year where the pellet quality was questionable.) I'm all set up with a bulk bin in my basement and the fill pipes/connections that run up to the side of the house by the driveway, that they fill from their bulk truck. I really don't want to have to go back to lugging bags around. As far as I know the only other outfit in PA that does bulk delivery is in Mifflentown PA, which is almost 90 miles from me, so I don't have high hopes that I could get delivers from them - I'll call them later this week though and find out.

I had ordered last ~ April, 4 tons of pellets. After hearing about their change in shipping charges I reduced that down to 3 tons and STILL paid more for 3 than I've ever paid because of the ~ $250 or whatever delivery fee. I had to call and call and call and call. I called 2-3 time's a day at various hours until I finally got someone. They scheduled the delivery finally.

The ONE guy that they sent (who was nice) but I can't believe that he was it. 1st off, he drove past my house with me standing out front waiving him down, then it took him all of 15 min to back up... and then while I'm standing there at the back of the truck to show him where to go he sits in his truck staring at the same piece of paper for ANOTHER FULL 15 min.. Like I said, nice guy but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a serious learning disability. Very slow to form cognitive sentences. It was like he wasn't there, really lost. I would have said drugs, but who knows.

I HAD to help him unroll the hoses, I made many suggestions on how to do it and where to run it based on my past experience (I've been getting from them for at least 9 or 10 years). It was like this guy had never done this before in his life?

So we get all setup and things start moving into the 1st bag which I had to hold because the remote was broken so he couldn't activate the pump and hold the bag? At some point I threw my hands up, I'm not paying an astronomical amount for delivery to turn around and have to help with the entire thing. The 1st bag was done, all looked great and I had to get back to work anyway. So I left.

When I came home there were pellets dumped all over my basement and the other 2 bags were leaning sideways. You could not have said f*ck it in a more pronounced way. One was so bad that it actually fell over a few hours later. Left my basement door wide open. It's the most bizarre unprofessional experience I think I've ever had. The attached picture are what was left. The bag in the corner is the one that I helped with, the other 2 I'm not even sure they're full tons. Some pictures were taken after I started cleaning.

I sent the guy a text, I called the office multiple times, never got anywhere. STAY AWAY. The concept was great but it just went downhill.

I feel terrible for the people that built bins (such as yourself) for whatever that may have cost, to now not even be able to use the pipes, let alone get the free delivery that was promised. The whole experience was just horrible all around, and I have recommended them for YEARS up to this point. Not anymore.... bummer.

P.S. - Don't mind my boxers!:oops:

320896378_2170751653128807_6212655392496457568_n.jpg 321212597_484581613820584_5094186650982962695_n.jpg 321729749_533158998838387_1899726206077424090_n.jpg 321874361_1612435495879519_178569146746465467_n.jpg 321884077_718410289862425_3919583136518808115_n.jpg 321964190_520740339840239_7075264439380338450_n.jpg 322252473_904478893901716_3995582721363244860_n.jpg

You know what really sucks? The pellets have actually been pretty good this year. Easy to clean, medium ash, don't soot up the window as bad. I haven't had to clean anywhere near as much as I did in years past, but still not worth it.

That's pretty wild. I was under the impression from their pictures on their website (when it was up and running) that it was Amish or Mennonite owned and operated these days. Is that still true?

And yeah, it does suck their pellets are pretty decent. If you're in Balitmore, try looking around for AWF Softwoods. My dad's gf lives down that way and she also burns pellets and he picks them up from time to time down there.

I've switch full-time to Easy Blaze Softwoods, which I think are on par with the Kingdom Biofuel's Softwoods. If I had a choice and could get them cheap I'd burn AWF Softwoods, but they're hyper-expensive where I'm at.

I'm also looking at their facebook group right now and I see a number of complaints.

Unless someone can actually drive out to Peach Bottom (not me, it's over an hour from me and I don't have time to do it) and see what's going on over there I'd say they're folded up or about ready to and just taking peoples money and not finishing jobs. :/

Also, I don't know if you have time or what kind of car you have but I can barely fit about 20 bags in my Volvo S60 which isn't a large car. Have to do a couple of trips, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do. It's unfortunate that nobody around here really delivers and if they do the delivery fee is so astronomical that it's not even worth it.

For 2022-2023 pellets I borrowed my dad's truck over the summer and got 2 tons in the basement over a few days.

@maraakate they were owned by Amish. The owner even came to my house when I 1st got involved with his 2 sons to go over all their options. He was really pushing for the bin built with the lines so easy delivery and no one had to be home. I declined that because the bin would have been close to ~ $2000 in wood to build. I got into pellets to save money, I figured I would just pay the $80 delivery fee for not having the bin, no big deal.

I don't know when they sold, but the service has been trash / non existent ever since. The 1st time after they sold I had pellets and dust all over my entire basement... like they never even used the vacuum while they were pumping. I sent an email with pictures and got nada... but the service was too convenient to not do so I just dealt with it.

I'm not sure what I'll do for 2023-24 season. I really do LOVE the AWF Softwoods, that's what we have always gotten outside of KBF. I have access to a dump truck and eager beaver trailer, so if I needed to go pick up a bunch I would do that. 4 boys to help unload.. so they're options. I know if I buy way ahead of time I used to be able to get AWS for a lot cheaper in the summer... I'll have to look for that again.

Honestly, I sell propane... have always sold it. As of now it would be less expensive to use that and less of a headache. I just need to stop being such a shrew and install the heating system. I really like the pellet stove though. Lighting that up for the 1st time on a cold night in fall... there's just something magical about it. I actually use pellets as my only form of heat since 2013... got rid of the oil tank and boiler to make room for the pellets. The stove has paid for itself and then some. It has cost me ~ average of $1000 to heat my home (plus electricity for the stove) since installed. It has run non stop every year... and I might have ~ $3-400 in parts over the last 10 years (I am the only person to ever fix it so labor is a wash).

@maraakate they were owned by Amish. The owner even came to my house when I 1st got involved with his 2 sons to go over all their options. He was really pushing for the bin built with the lines so easy delivery and no one had to be home. I declined that because the bin would have been close to ~ $2000 in wood to build. I got into pellets to save money, I figured I would just pay the $80 delivery fee for not having the bin, no big deal.

I don't know when they sold, but the service has been trash / non existent ever since. The 1st time after they sold I had pellets and dust all over my entire basement... like they never even used the vacuum while they were pumping. I sent an email with pictures and got nada... but the service was too convenient to not do so I just dealt with it.

I'm not sure what I'll do for 2023-24 season. I really do LOVE the AWF Softwoods, that's what we have always gotten outside of KBF. I have access to a dump truck and eager beaver trailer, so if I needed to go pick up a bunch I would do that. 4 boys to help unload.. so they're options. I know if I buy way ahead of time I used to be able to get AWS for a lot cheaper in the summer... I'll have to look for that again.

Honestly, I sell propane... have always sold it. As of now it would be less expensive to use that and less of a headache. I just need to stop being such a shrew and install the heating system. I really like the pellet stove though. Lighting that up for the 1st time on a cold night in fall... there's just something magical about it. I actually use pellets as my only form of heat since 2013... got rid of the oil tank and boiler to make room for the pellets. The stove has paid for itself and then some. It has cost me ~ average of $1000 to heat my home (plus electricity for the stove) since installed. It has run non stop every year... and I might have ~ $3-400 in parts over the last 10 years (I am the only person to ever fix it so labor is a wash).
Yeah, AWFs are pretty nice. My dealer said they stopped buying AWFs because they had some really bad batches one year and did not care about making the problem right. And not necessarily in how they burn, but how they were packaged. Too many pallets coming off the truck that were already damaged.

From what I understand, I believe KBF got bought out about 5 or so years ago?

I like burning pellets as well. I have forced air oil furnace, but I only use it on some really cold days. Usually switch the stove to low overnight and some mornings you come downstairs and its like 55F down there. Easier just to run the oil furnace for like 20-30 minutes with the pellet stove on simultaneously to get it back up to 68-70F. Doesn't happen too often.

$1000 pretty good. That's about what it's averaging out for me. The electricity cost to run the stove is pretty negligible, something like $5-$10 a month.

We thought about getting rid of the oil tank and just putting in one of those $800 conversion kits for natural gas so I can just flip a switch and use that when I go out of town sometimes and putting a bin where the tank used to be. $2000 in wood is pretty steep though.

Yeah, AWFs are pretty nice. My dealer said they stopped buying AWFs because they had some really bad batches one year and did not care about making the problem right. And not necessarily in how they burn, but how they were packaged. Too many pallets coming off the truck that were already damaged.

From what I understand, I believe KBF got bought out about 5 or so years ago?

I like burning pellets as well. I have forced air oil furnace, but I only use it on some really cold days. Usually switch the stove to low overnight and some mornings you come downstairs and its like 55F down there. Easier just to run the oil furnace for like 20-30 minutes with the pellet stove on simultaneously to get it back up to 68-70F. Doesn't happen too often.

$1000 pretty good. That's about what it's averaging out for me. The electricity cost to run the stove is pretty negligible, something like $5-$10 a month.

We thought about getting rid of the oil tank and just putting in one of those $800 conversion kits for natural gas so I can just flip a switch and use that when I go out of town sometimes and putting a bin where the tank used to be. $2000 in wood is pretty steep though.

Don't try and convert an oil furnace to run on NAT. It just doesn't work like they had originally thought it would. Sure you can do it, but the unit was designed to run on oil, which burns hotter and puts of more heat. So now you have to use way more NAT to get the same unit up to temp. In theory we thought it would be a game changer, but in reality you just lose so much efficiency.

Look at the heat exchanger for an oil fired unit vs a gas one. Completely different.

I think you're right about KBF... but it was only this year that they gouged the delivery fee. ~ $80 and some cleanup wasn't a deal breaker, but now it's just too much.

My house is only 1500sqft, my Harman 52i heats the whole thing. The living room is always warmer than the rest of the house, but I like it that way (I work outside a lot, so it's good to warm my bones, lol). I have my 52i rigged to a Nest thermostat so it automatically turns up to have the house where I want it when I get out of bed in the morning... also turns it down at night (just to a low fire), as well as throughout the day. That save a LOT of pellets. Before I did that I remember walking into the living room and it would be scorching hot because we forgot to turn it down overnight and the stove would be out. Plus I can control it from my phone on the weekends when we're not really sure what we're doing or where we'll be. I can turn the heat up when we're leaving wherever we are (say kids game or something) that way it's nice and toasty.

I've been meaning to put a Kilowatt-o-meter on there for years, just never got around to it. I'm curious to see what it costs me a month to run... maybe I'll do that today.

When we go out of town, even for a week in Disney, I just left the stove in auto and set the thermostat to 50f.. stove never came on in the dead of winter thankfully. I had a little webcam aimed at the stove to see what it was doing. Worst case I had someone on standby to load pellets and had extra buckets in the living room to make it easy.

Reactions: tlc1976
Don't try and convert an oil furnace to run on NAT. It just doesn't work like they had originally thought it would. Sure you can do it, but the unit was designed to run on oil, which burns hotter and puts of more heat. So now you have to use way more NAT to get the same unit up to temp. In theory we thought it would be a game changer, but in reality you just lose so much efficiency.

Look at the heat exchanger for an oil fired unit vs a gas one. Completely different.

I think you're right about KBF... but it was only this year that they gouged the delivery fee. ~ $80 and some cleanup wasn't a deal breaker, but now it's just too much.

My house is only 1500sqft, my Harman 52i heats the whole thing. The living room is always warmer than the rest of the house, but I like it that way (I work outside a lot, so it's good to warm my bones, lol). I have my 52i rigged to a Nest thermostat so it automatically turns up to have the house where I want it when I get out of bed in the morning... also turns it down at night (just to a low fire), as well as throughout the day. That save a LOT of pellets. Before I did that I remember walking into the living room and it would be scorching hot because we forgot to turn it down overnight and the stove would be out. Plus I can control it from my phone on the weekends when we're not really sure what we're doing or where we'll be. I can turn the heat up when we're leaving wherever we are (say kids game or something) that way it's nice and toasty.

I've been meaning to put a Kilowatt-o-meter on there for years, just never got around to it. I'm curious to see what it costs me a month to run... maybe I'll do that today.

When we go out of town, even for a week in Disney, I just left the stove in auto and set the thermostat to 50f.. stove never came on in the dead of winter thankfully. I had a little webcam aimed at the stove to see what it was doing. Worst case I had someone on standby to load pellets and had extra buckets in the living room to make it easy.
Oh, my gf had an oil converted to NG boiler (since upgraded to a proper new unit) and it was inefficient. I'm OK with that, it's more about if I leave for a few days and have to have someone stop by and take care of the pets. I have to have containers full of pellets. With NG conversion kit just set it to 58F and walk away. Yeah, the bill will be annoying at the end of that month a bit, but I think would be liveable. I would never use it full time. But I see what you are saying.

Nest thermostat sounds interesting. I was thinking of wiring up an arduino in place of the hi-med-lo switch on the back of my stove so it could connect wirelessly and setup schedules to adjust the feed rate. Just never got around to it. I love my Quad, but it's older 2005'ish unit so it's no frills which makes it easy to work on, but you have to baby sit and remember things at times. My house is about the same sq footage and same. I guess you burn about the same as me... about 3 to 3.5 tons in a season.

I put a killowatt on mine and it was so negligible and there's some post of others on here that have done the same. The biggest draw is from the ignitor. If you're mostly using it on low and bumping it up to high in the mornings for an hour or two (like I do) then it's like $5-$10 a month. The only time the stove goes down is every other day, or every 3 days so I can empty the pot out and get the ashes out. Once a month I shut it down on a warmer day to clean the pipe and hook up a leaf blower to vacuum out the exhaust. If you do that, make sure you disconnect the vacuum switch on the stove.

I know pets can be mostly comfortable at 50-55F and I could probably do the same, but I anthropomorphize the pets too much I don't want them to be that cold 😆

Anyways, sorry to hear about KBF and how hard it is for you to get something out your way. At least you got your pellets, I see so many complaints on FB right now about people who prepaid and got totally screwed. I couldn't imagine spending $600-$1000 on heat and have nothing and having to scramble around going to Lowe's, TSC, HD, etc. just to burn something, anything. :(

Oh, my gf had an oil converted to NG boiler (since upgraded to a proper new unit) and it was inefficient. I'm OK with that, it's more about if I leave for a few days and have to have someone stop by and take care of the pets. I have to have containers full of pellets. With NG conversion kit just set it to 58F and walk away. Yeah, the bill will be annoying at the end of that month a bit, but I think would be liveable. I would never use it full time. But I see what you are saying.

Nest thermostat sounds interesting. I was thinking of wiring up an arduino in place of the hi-med-lo switch on the back of my stove so it could connect wirelessly and setup schedules to adjust the feed rate. Just never got around to it. I love my Quad, but it's older 2005'ish unit so it's no frills which makes it easy to work on, but you have to baby sit and remember things at times. My house is about the same sq footage and same. I guess you burn about the same as me... about 3 to 3.5 tons in a season.

I put a killowatt on mine and it was so negligible and there's some post of others on here that have done the same. The biggest draw is from the ignitor. If you're mostly using it on low and bumping it up to high in the mornings for an hour or two (like I do) then it's like $5-$10 a month. The only time the stove goes down is every other day, or every 3 days so I can empty the pot out and get the ashes out. Once a month I shut it down on a warmer day to clean the pipe and hook up a leaf blower to vacuum out the exhaust. If you do that, make sure you disconnect the vacuum switch on the stove.

I know pets can be mostly comfortable at 50-55F and I could probably do the same, but I anthropomorphize the pets too much I don't want them to be that cold 😆

Anyways, sorry to hear about KBF and how hard it is for you to get something out your way. At least you got your pellets, I see so many complaints on FB right now about people who prepaid and got totally screwed. I couldn't imagine spending $600-$1000 on heat and have nothing and having to scramble around going to Lowe's, TSC, HD, etc. just to burn something, anything. :(

It's a little pricey for the Nest but my hope would be to use it for other appliances at some point. A little bit of a learning curve but it's actually pretty smart. Even tells me when it's time to clean the stove (sends me a notification that my appliance isn't heating as well as it should based on previous conditions and I need to change the "filters"). For the most part I leave my stove in manual so it's either at a low fire or it's full blast. It is really nice that I can set it to be at the temp that I like at whatever time I set it for (4:30am for me)... so based off of outside temp it will start up in advance of me waking up. I would say it normally hits that window within a minute or 2. I come out and sit down on the couch with my coffee and the stove is either turning the fans off or already has... pretty wild it's that accurate.

I don't really use the ignitor.. throw some pellets in there and some hand sanitizer and light it! Somewhat satifies the pyro in me. Faster to get it lit like that too.

The only pets we have are kids! And they get put in the closet.. jk.

So is your pipe out of the side of the house? Mine is up through the chimney so I would have to climb up to use a leaf blower. I put mine into "test" mode and that turns the combustion blower on and sucks all the soot that would otherwise come into my living room up. Once a year I pull the stove and blast the shop vac hose up the chimney (from the exhaust port, so same as a leaf blower I guess) through the exhaust port in the cage, but not a lot happens.

It's not hard to get pellets out my way, KBF was just SOOOO convenient. We have a place that sells pellets literally less than 1/4 mile from my front door but I just liked the idea of it being done and in the basement. At one time I could order the same amount of pellets from KBF for what I could get them for up the street and the labor was done. The service will be missed.

My dad's girlfriend lives out there by Elkridge and she usually just runs out to Lowe's or TSC.

Yes, pipe just runs out and I can easily attach the leaf blower to it. Your way probably works just as well. As long as you're getting it cleaned out. I noticed if you don't do it after a ton it seems to just burn dirty much quicker in the stove. Pretty much have to do it.

I don't know your model, but mine just has a three way switch on the back so unfortunately a thermostat can't control the feed rate/blower speed. I'd have to use an arduino to replace the switch and write some software. Not too hard for me, but just too lazy to do it. My house is pretty drafty so it's almost always running on low as soon as november/december. Past few days have been pretty nice so I've been shutting it off after 9-10a in the morning and then turning it back on around 8p at night.

Yes, pipe just runs out and I can easily attach the leaf blower to it. Your way probably works just as well. As long as you're getting it cleaned out. I noticed if you don't do it after a ton it seems to just burn dirty much quicker in the stove. Pretty much have to do it.
I run into problems with gas fireplaces all the time that are ran out the side because the draft isn't right. Blows out the pilot or the burn isn't quite right Could be your issue? Not sure.

I have used (and still have) one of those balls with the tassels on it you put on a drill to send down the flu from the roof. The 2 times that I did it I had my oldest hold a bag under the hole thinking it would dump a ton of stuff... got nada. Maybe a very small handful? Just wasn't much at all. I don't know why that is, but I did get the heavier duty liner for corn just because it was on sale when I installed everything. I know higher temps reduce soot... maybe the heavier lining is a better insulator? I really don't know though. I don't have to clean the flu hardly ever. And my glass stays pretty clean (which to me when it soots up is always a good indicator things are running dirty / slow).

Idk... someone will probably correct me.. happy to learn something new.

Well, it's not literally straight out. It goes out then up about 6 feet. Then I have outside air kit/intake.

No idea with the chimneys, but there's quite a few knowledgable and certified chimney cleaners on these forums who could give you advice.

As an update - for now I'll probably just do a couple trips to Lowes and jam what I can fit in my Jeep Liberty to get a ton or so to finish out the season. My neighbor said I can borrow his trailer too, so one way or another I'll manage to get some for the rest of this season.
I ended up calling my bank, and they said they can't do much since I paid by check, and they told me to file a police report, so as of this morning I have filed a police report for them essentially taking the money and running. I'll be sure to update everyone here with how that works out. It's a little over $1200 that they owe me between the pellets and delivery charge that I paid for and didn't get, which kind of stinks because I get the feeling it's money I'll just never see again.
I've also called the next closest place that does bulk delivery, to find out if they'll bulk deliver to Lancaster for next season, so I'll be sure to share what I learn there too.

Reactions: maraakate
That's pretty wild. I was under the impression from their pictures on their website (when it was up and running) that it was Amish or Mennonite owned and operated these days. Is that still true?

And yeah, it does suck their pellets are pretty decent. If you're in Balitmore, try looking around for AWF Softwoods. My dad's gf lives down that way and she also burns pellets and he picks them up from time to time down there.

I've switch full-time to Easy Blaze Softwoods, which I think are on par with the Kingdom Biofuel's Softwoods. If I had a choice and could get them cheap I'd burn AWF Softwoods, but they're hyper-expensive where I'm at.
yeah - the owners are Ex-Amish, so they land in the in between where they aren't Amish but they aren't quite Mennonite either. There's a handful of small family groups that are like that, that call themselves different things. There was actually documentary about them done, about their decision to leave the Amish etc. I'm up in Lancaster, so for simplicity I'll probably just grab some bags at Lowes for the balance of the season. With how warm it's been I probably won't need too much more anyway.

yeah - the owners are Ex-Amish, so they land in the in between where they aren't Amish but they aren't quite Mennonite either. There's a handful of small family groups that are like that, that call themselves different things. There was actually documentary about them done, about their decision to leave the Amish etc. I'm up in Lancaster, so for simplicity I'll probably just grab some bags at Lowes for the balance of the season. With how warm it's been I probably won't need too much more anyway.
Yeah, I worked with some renegade amish (that's what we call them) at some body shops back in the day.

Good luck on the police report, let us know how you make out.

*Statement from Kingdom Biofuel of Peach Bottom PA about the closure of the business*
02/18/2023
To all our customers, suppliers, employees, and contacts over the last 12 years,
We thank you for all the support over the years as we have endeavored to deliver Bulk Wood Pellets and other heating products in the area.
Due to many factors we regret to inform you that we have closed our doors and ceased operations as of this week and we will no longer be in business.
A few of the factors have been divided interest of the owners because of other business ventures and not having sufficient time to provide oversight and leadership to the company, as well as poor business practices by some of the management the past few years. Therefore it has been decided by the ownership that it is in everyone's best interest to close the business.
We would also like to address the rumour made by some employees that KBF was sold and under new ownership a few years ago. this was incorrect, KBF has always had the same ownership.
We have put the equipment up for auction and the real estate is listed to be sold with a local realtor and we are continuing to work on closing out all accounts. We apologize that our communication has bee quite lacking the past while so If there is anyone who has been trying to settle an account with us, please contact us directly by sending an email to [email protected]
~ Ephraim Stoltzfus and Steve Fisher, Owners.~

Well, thanks for the report. From what the pellet industry news shows, you may not be alone in shutting down.