Woodstock Keystone Proving Popular

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mmcc

Dec 12, 2016
Northeast Ohio
stove3.JPG
I'm starting to dial in operation of this new-to-me stove. Shortly after closing the bypass and reducing the air intake to just under 1, the stove top temp was about 500, and the flue temp was about 350. At the time this picture was taken, a few hour later, stove-top temp was about 400, flue temp about 250. There's no smoke visible out the chimney. I assume all of this means that the catalytic combustor is doing its thing.

The dog in this picture and his sister, pit bull mixes with a combined weight of 150 lbs or so, are terrified of that 15 lb cat. The cat likes to block their way downstairs at dinner time. He has no trouble commanding ownership of the prime spot in front of the fire.

View attachment 194143
I'm starting to dial in operation of this new-to-me stove. Shortly after closing the bypass and reducing the air intake to just under 1, the stove top temp was about 500, and the flue temp was about 350. At the time this picture was taken, a few hour later, stove-top temp was about 400, flue temp about 250. There's no smoke visible out the chimney. I assume all of this means that the catalytic combustor is doing its thing.

The dog in this picture and his sister, pit bull mixes with a combined weight of 150 lbs or so, are terrified of that 15 lb cat. The cat likes to block their way downstairs at dinner time. He has no trouble commanding ownership of the prime spot in front of the fire.

Nice picture and anecdotes. There's a lot of love there in front of that stove.

Reactions: woodfreak666
Very popular in our house too! Stove top is just shy of 500, and his head is against one leg, with his feet on the other. . . That stove is the ultimate GSP pacifier.

IMG_1635.JPG

Good stuff

Very popular in our house too! Stove top is just shy of 500, and his head is against one leg, with his feet on the other. . . That stove is the ultimate GSP pacifier.

View attachment 194173

German Shorthaired Pointer? I thought they were light colored.

Shortly after closing the bypass and reducing the air intake to just under 1, the stove top temp was about 500, and the flue temp was about 350.....a few hour later, stove-top temp was about 400, flue temp about 250. There's no smoke visible out the chimney. I assume all of this means that the catalytic combustor is doing its thing.
Sounds good, pretty much what I see. Cat glows soon after I close the bypass, STT will go as high as 600 with Black Locust and cat will glow for up to 4 hrs.
Have you been using the wood bricks or have you run some loads with just splits, or do you always mix?
cat likes to block their way downstairs at dinner time. He has no trouble commanding ownership of the prime spot in front of the fire.
Looks like they might be 'counting sheep.' ;lol
Hey, he stolt my black Keystone dog! ;lol
P1030722.JPG

Last edited:
German Shorthaired Pointer? I thought they were light colored.

GSPs can be black or brown. Most that you see have the speckled bodies with solid head, but solid brown/black is part of the breed. This guy though isn't 100% GSP. He's a rescue, so we're not 100% sure, but we're pretty confident there is whippet in there.

Hey, he stole my black dog! ;lol

Black dogs are the best!

Reactions: Highbeam
Black dogs are the best!
Yep...we're never going back! ;) My wife kinda had it in for male dogs, until this guy. He's a good, good boy. Didn't DNA-test him or anything but the consensus is Lab/Dane...
017.JPG

Have you been using the wood bricks or have you run some loads with just splits, or do you always mix?

I've been using bricks, and probably will continue doing so this season. Next year, I should have enough dry firewood to get by. I haven't had any problem with overfiring with the bricks. I stack them log cabin fashion, with space for air between, and need to leave the door cracked when doing an initial startup to get the flames going.

My son was feeling left out. The stove is also proving popular with him. Here he is enjoying the warm with his buddy.
stove.JPG

Reactions: edyit