Woodstock Progress Hybrid....any problems?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks for the tip. How big is the house you are heating? I am in central wis. So the climate is about the same as yours. Do you have any trouble keeping the house at 70 when the temps outside are I the single digits and below zero?

I'm heating 3400 sq ft. The layout of the house does not lend itself to heating with a single heat source (four levels and the PH is not centrally located. I have a Drolet Tundra wood furnace dumping into the plenum of the existing Propane forced air furnace. The Tundra can maintain 68-70F at outside temps down to about 15F depending on wind direction. With both the Tundra and PH fired I can pretty much reach any desired inside temperature no matter what the outside temps are at.

I don't have an ashpan either. I heard they are good on this model (PH) which is no surprise. Some ashpans are gaaaabage on some stoves.

I don't have a ashpan on my heritage. I will have one for the progress though. My wife wants less ash dust.

Reactions: Woody Stover
I don't have an ash pan and never get any ashes. The lip from the side loading door is deep enough that your ashes would have to be out of control to fall out. If I could I would get the ash pan, doesn't fit with the short leg kit.

That makes sense. I plan to order the ash pan for my stove as it will not be a fireplace install.

Newburnerwisconsin, did you end up buying the Woodstock Progress? Any report?

Newburnerwisconsin, did you end up buying the Woodstock Progress? Any report?

wait a sec....John Kuhn in WI...!? Aren't you supposed to be down in New Orleans? ;lol

wait a sec....John Kuhn in WI...!? Aren't you supposed to be down in New Orleans? ;lol
Haha, I still get that now and then! My wife had a lot of fun telling people she was John Kuhn's wife. :)

Reactions: JRHAWK9
Pretty much all the Krauts can be traced back to WI. (I'm 7/8..) ;) ;lol