Work Done on Saturday the 22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This was another old Maple that took a hit from the storm on May 23, hot & humid here so I've been going through a chit load of water when cutting.

I still have some limbing up to do with a little bucking on this.

Attachments

• 100_7503.JPG
    100_7503.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_7505.JPG
    100_7505.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_7506.JPG
    100_7506.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_7507.JPG
    100_7507.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_7508.JPG
    100_7508.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_7509.JPG
    100_7509.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 109
Lots of good btu's there, Zap. I got a free load of pin oak yesterday, split it all and a big part of the red oak I cut down several weeks ago.......
Was splitting that pin oak and my 8yr old daughter comes out back and says "dad, I smell horse poop!"
The pin oak definitely is the stinkiest species of oak there is!

Lots of good btu's there, Zap. I got a free load of pin oak yesterday, split it all and a big part of the red oak I cut down several weeks ago.......
Was splitting that pin oak and my 8yr old daughter comes out back and says "dad, I smell horse poop!"

I'll remember that about Pin Oak. I need to pull that Pine out of the Maple tree (pic 7507).

I always thought it was more like dog poop.

Naw. It's just tree sap. Not that bad.

Zap, I'll for sure let you do the cutting at this time of the year. I'll patiently wait for some colder weather.

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Naw. It's just tree sap. Not that bad.

Zap, I'll for sure let you do the cutting at this time of the year. I'll patiently wait for some colder weather.
Just not enough time for me, this spot was cool compared to the spot I'll be working in the middle of July. My goal is to get the better stuff this year, also what is on the ground.

I was out of the woods by one so it could've been worse.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Most definitely July is out of the question for me. However, I still have not stacked even one piece from what we cut last winter. Not sure if it will get done before fall.

Reactions: ScotO
Most definitely July is out of the question for me. However, I still have not stacked even one piece from what we cut last winter. Not sure if it will get done before fall.
It's been a while for me too. Per our conversation yesterday, one more dead pine that needs to come down then the stacking will start.

Reactions: ScotO
Like you always say Sav, once your ahead you can go at your own pace.

The way Mother Nature works, she usually puts about three cord a year down for us, I'm thinking with the Cherry and Maple I have cut we have an easy three cord so I'll shoot for another three before winter.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice wood there.... Keep drinking. I don't know about you, as important as chaps, boots, gloves, and helmet go, they will heat you up all right. Take it easy - around 90°F all week here. I'll be picking up another cord or two tonight, which my buddy will do most of the grunt work. Be well

Reactions: zap
Nice wood there.... Keep drinking. I don't know about you, as important as chaps, boots, gloves, and helmet go, they will heat you up all right. Take it easy - around 90°F all week here. I'll be picking up another cord or two tonight, which my buddy will do most of the grunt work. Be well
Thanks WS. I see your wood gathering is still going at a good pace, take care of that arm. Regarding the water; I need to get a small water cooler (maybe round) that I can carry more water in, the four small bottles only last from 9 to 1.

Reactions: WellSeasoned
Status
Not open for further replies.