WOW Blazers bid farewell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
I just found out today that west oregon wood products is closing. Looking ahead to next season I tried calling to get an update to see if there were any new suppliers in my area and got a message that said that they are closing their doors.This is terrible news, they are a great company that sells a top of the line consistent product. As you folks know I have posted many threads indicating my satisfaction with these pellets and I felt these were one of the best out there, especially for the price compared to other df pellets. I bought three ton to start the season and all I can say is excellet heat, virtually no ash, and minimal burnpot maintainence. I was planning on burning many tons in the future. Puzzled as to how a great company producing a great product is closing while others in the same field of buisness that produces garbage is able to stay open.. Just a side note the WOW website is still curent and nothing is mentioned on it yet. Bummer :(

You will find there are many products as good...
Yes, they are a good pellet... but so are others...

Reactions: Peterfield
I would call them first, as vendors sometimes have conflicts with suppliers and as such, bad mouthing can occur. But Oregon is having some labor issues right now. State minimum wage is high and now going higher. Pot is legal and no one can pass the drug screens for work. Right now a good business opportunity in western Oregon is making help wanted signs.

Reactions: Orson_Yancey
I just found out today that west oregon wood products is closing. Looking ahead to next season I tried calling to get an update to see if there were any new suppliers in my area and got a message that said that they are closing their doors.This is terrible news, they are a great company that sells a top of the line consistent product. As you folks know I have posted many threads indicating my satisfaction with these pellets and I felt these were one of the best out there, especially for the price compared to other df pellets. I bought three ton to start the season and all I can say is excellet heat, virtually no ash, and minimal burnpot maintainence. I was planning on burning many tons in the future. Puzzled as to how a great company producing a great product is closing while others in the same field of buisness that produces garbage is able to stay open.. Just a side note the WOW website is still curent and nothing is mentioned on it yet. Bummer :(

I blame you Blazer Boy. You got such a killer deal last Spring you put them out of business. :)

Reactions: JRA and Pete Zahria
Maybe they would be staying in if their pricing had been in line with those with the same product who are staying. They undercut themselves out of business perhaps ? I don't know but I've never used them and heat my house fine, so, sorry it didn't work out but good bye. We need some more Eastern White Pine pellet makers, they burn hot as hell and don't have to be shipped almost 4000 miles.

Last edited:
Maybe I should save my 3 tons of Blazers for collectors.

That stinks, some suppliers in the area were just starting to roll those in. Steep price per ton, but they have the reputation.

A shame to see any Pellet company go out , having many choices for pellets is good.

Thats my cut-off as well. Anything over $300 a ton Ill just burn Propain.

Sad that a business has to shut it's doors.

Get Cascade brand or Bear Mountain. They are comparable Doug Fir pellets. Not sure if they are distributing them in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.